which certification should i go with?

virenjvirenj Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi
i m new to this certification phenomenon.
i would like to know which certification should i go with.i m interested in something which is not related to programming or coding at all.
please help me as i need to get started .

Comments

• RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    virenj wrote: »
    hi
    i m new to this certification phenomenon.
    i would like to know which certification should i go with.i m interested in something which is not related to programming or coding at all.
    please help me as i need to get started .

What do you do for a living? Asking what cert isn't a valid question until you let us know what you do. I mean afterall you could get ASE certified, that is if you are a automotive mechanic. ha

So what is it you do or want to do? Build your studies around your work.

System Administration - MS, VMware, Citrix etc.

Network Engineering - Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, CheckPoint etc.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It sounds like you are looking for more of a System admin role or something along those lines. I recommend you first check out jobs in your area just to see what is in demand. If you are new to IT over all you might look for something like an A+ or Net+ type of exam. There are even certifications geared specifically towards Help Desk work but I don't generally recommend those unless they are sought after in your area. I think many people do well with starting with something like A+ and Windows 7 (or icon_cool.gif certs to start off. I do recommend you research a bit about the certifications you see listed if mentioned. Also understand that often what job listing calls "preferred" isn't at all necessary to get the job so don't be scared off by jobs that ask for CCNA and MSCA for entry level type positions. Just use those as an idea of what types of experience and skills they are looking for. I also think you may want to ask this question in a different forum. I don't think anyone will recommend you try for anything regarding Server 2003. It is old and the certs are either retired or about to be.