how long on average study time for 70-410?

chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
how long did you guys spend studying on this one?

Comments

• Theegg911Theegg911 Member Posts: 124
    I spent 1 month. I installed Server 2012 on a virtual machine twice to get a feel of the screens you will see during installation. You probably want to do it once with the GUI and the 2nd with the Core installation. I also read the MS Press Exam Ref. Some questions on the exam was common sense I think. Get familiar with the powershell commands mentioned in the book.

Exam Ref 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 by Craig Zacker | Barnes & Noble
    Next Goal: Office 365 70-346 (Scheduled for 9/25)
  • MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree that a month is a reasonable time frame for that exam. It could be less if you have lots of admin time with Server 2012 of course but even someone without any experience can learn what you need to pass in a month if you have a machine to practice on.
  • SteveFerSteveFer Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Theegg911 wrote: »
    I spent 1 month. I installed Server 2012 on a virtual machine twice to get a feel of the screens you will see during installation. You probably want to do it once with the GUI and the 2nd with the Core installation. I also read the MS Press Exam Ref. Some questions on the exam was common sense I think. Get familiar with the powershell commands mentioned in the book.

Exam Ref 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 by Craig Zacker | Barnes & Noble

I notice this has 400 pages vs another one that I saw that has about 630, do you think this one covers most of what is needed?
    I believe it covered enough. Was the other book the Training Ref? As the training ref will have several pages of labs to try. This would explain the extra pages. The Exam Ref just goes over what the exam usually asks about (without all of the lab walkthroughs). The exam ref went over the powershell commands you will need to utilize which I found very important. In my experience, always go with something people know and not take a chance when it comes to money. Stick to solid material and do not gamble. Because what if you read that other book and take the exam, only to find it didn't hit the material you needed to pass?

Could you link that other book?
  • SteveFerSteveFer Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Theegg911 wrote: »
    I believe it covered enough. Was the other book the Training Ref? As the training ref will have several pages of labs to try. This would explain the extra pages. The Exam Ref just goes over what the exam usually asks about (without all of the lab walkthroughs). The exam ref went over the powershell commands you will need to utilize which I found very important. In my experience, always go with something people know and not take a chance when it comes to money. Stick to solid material and do not gamble. Because what if you read that other book and take the exam, only to find it didn't hit the material you needed to pass?

Could you link that other book?

I was just glancing as I wont be starting it for another month or so, so I cant remember exactly, it was probably the first link below.

"Creates a foundation of skills which, along with on-the-job experience, can be measured by Microsoft Certification exams such as 70-410" - this is the description, which would make me pick the Craig Zackler book

Training Guide: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012: Mitch Tulloch: 9780735673106: Amazon.com: Books

here is another that I found

Exam 70-410 Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 (Microsoft Official Academic Course Series): Microsoft Official Academic Course: 9781118511077: Amazon.com: Books
  • jsojso Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Don't forget to hunt down the errata (mistakes) for any of these text books. The more popular, the more rushed they are to get to market.
    The Training Guides are good. But I tried to go off of it for the 70-411 exam and failed. Best bet is to go with the Exam Ref.
  • wallpaper_01wallpaper_01 Member Posts: 226 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did a month and failed, got 682. Another week and I would have had it, so for me I'd say 5 weeks full on, but ideally im thinking 6 weeks.
  • TeXJTeXJ Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How is the MCSA compared to the CCNA exam?
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had the same issue after a month of studying ever day at least 30-40 mins... I failed my first time... 445 guess I wasn't really ready for the exam. This time I taking my time on reading 2 different books . The Installing and configure windows server 2012 r2 plus master windows server 2012 r2.

Reading one chapter from one book then reading the other book one chapter on that subject. I keep telling myself I will be ready for next month when I take it. wish me lunch.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • metalone4metalone4 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Louie1277 wrote: »
    ...wish me lunch.

Good lunch!!

So I take it you passed by now? ;)
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    HELLO NO!!!!!!!!!!!! stupid question i'm going to try it again in March. Just going over other book i just got plus reviewing AD , GP what I have the trouble the most I think.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*