best book for 70-410?

chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
what seems to be the best one besides sybex as it seems they lump all 3 into 1.

Comments

• MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Currently, there is not a wide selection. I like the exam ref and training guide from Microsoft press. I used them both (not just one or the other). I didn't do all the practice drills but the ones I did do helped a good deal. You definitely will want to have at least a vm with server 2012 loaded on it.
  • Theegg911Theegg911 Member Posts: 124
    I agree with MSSoftie. You will want to install Server 2012 in both Core and GUI install modes. So you can get a feel for what screens will show and what commands you will use with the Core mode.
    Next Goal: Office 365 70-346 (Scheduled for 9/25)
    To put a finer point on Theegg911 statement about both GUI and core. It would be helpful to actually install one then convert to the other through the command line and then back again.
  • StupporedStuppored Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'll stop you right there. EXAMS are changing in January to incorporate changes to reflect R2.. make sure you only purchase books that cover R2 if you plan to write in January or later!!
  • GroompahGroompah Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    eddo1 wrote: »
    Nope, it doesn't.

There will be released a updated version of this book 31-Jan-2014
    ISBN: 9780735684249 (0735684243)
  • chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    crap, think it will be pretty useless so?
  • netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Technet is your best resource
    TechNet is a great resource and you can find some great posts to guide you through which articles to read for a good base. I wouldn't say that current books will be "useless" after the R2 questions start to appear but you will need to look for the changes separately. If your certifications goals can wait a bit you could start with TechNet (check out Asif Dasl posts on this forum my spelling may be off) and get the book later when the new one comes out. I like to get going so I personally wouldn't want to wait but ymmv.