Just passed Sec+

zxshockaxzzxshockaxz Member Posts: 108
20 minutes ago. I scored 856 on the test. I'm definitely happy with that score, but I think I could have done a little better if I didn't have strep throat at the moment... -.-

Anyways, a big thanks to Darril Gibson, Testout, and Professor Messer. And I suppose my over-priced college text book deserves slight credit.

Next up, SSCP. I used Testout's SecurityPro training material (as well as passed the SecurityPro exam with 1580/1700), which covers Sec+ as well as SSCP. With the above scores in mind, what advice would you guys give before I schedule my SSCP exam?

Comments

• la_reedla_reed Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! I just passed my security+ today too with a score of 874... I basically followed the same study path as you.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass.

A pass is a pass ^^, atleast you got it over and done with and now you can move on to bigger and better things.
    Kindly doing the needful
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations on the pass and glad to hear the resources helped. 856 out of 900 is a great score. Good luck with the SSCP.
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    zxshockaxz wrote: »
    With the above scores in mind, what advice would you guys give before I schedule my SSCP exam?
    Get a book, study the concepts covered by the objectives, browse the forum ((ISC)² SSCP and CISSP Forums), and take the test. Good luck.
  • zxshockaxzzxshockaxz Member Posts: 108
    Darril wrote: »
    Get a book, study the concepts covered by the objectives, browse the forum ((ISC)² SSCP and CISSP Forums), and take the test. Good luck.

Thanks! Thats the plan. I'm definitely glad to have it done with.