CISA Exam - December 2013

jerry.stockholmjerry.stockholm Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

Just starting a thread to capture all of the forthcoming discussions for those of us writing the CISA exam in December of 2013.

Is everyone ready? Last minute reviews? Last minute mock exams?

Good luck to everyone! Let's all hope we pass!

Cheers,

JS

Comments

• .Logan.Logan Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I will be taking the exam tomorrow morning and just want to be done with it :)

I only studied for about 2 weeks (completing the CISA Review Course from ISACA), but I have been an IT auditor for almost 3 years so I am hoping that will be an advantage.

Good luck!
  • acidstormacidstorm Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Complete the cisa exam paper, find it ok, mean time just wait for the result to be released.
  • SamooSamoo Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I will be taken CISA exam in Dec 19 in Saudi Arabia,
    waiting your feedback about Dec 14 exam

Good Luck for all
  • RaystafarianRaystafarian Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I found it to be a lot less "tricky" than the practice question set. I was expecting it to be a lot worse.
    Hit me up on LinkedIn - just mention you're from techexams.
  • FalasiFalasi Member Posts: 115
    I think the exam was good... I did 120Q first round... took a break by marking my answers -> go out and wash my face.. 70Q and repeat. worked for me.

now the actual nightmare started >.>; teh waiting >.>;
  • AnthonyFAnthonyF Member Posts: 109
    Falasi,

What did you think of the test? I saw a lot of info carry over from CRISC (Risk analysis questions), ISSMP (BCP stuff) and PMP (EVM/General Project Mgt). I see you hold the first two what is your opinion?

It was not a very audit or tech specific exam in my opinion. Just focused on IT MGT processes.

I did not have the opportunity to study but I thought it was straight forward. I hope of experience trumps the lack of study. Took about 70 minutes and I was done.

All I want for XMAS is 450 :)

Good luck guys!
    what are the major subjects you faced in the exam ???? my exam Dec 19 pls help
  • jerry.stockholmjerry.stockholm Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also just wrote the exam this morning, and I didn't find it too bad. I think it went well. Some questions actually, appeared to be almost too easy. Hope I wasn't misled!

Now the waiting begins...
    How about the questions from Chapter 5 ? was it too technical ?
  • FalasiFalasi Member Posts: 115
    @AnthonyF

I think there are multiple versions , I had more questions related to project management , few if anything on risk management and governance were there but I hardly recall them as I didnt have much problem with.

same goes with me; I didnt study much however my problem wasnt the exam itself.... it was the freezer of a room that we had the exam in >.>;
    Falasi wrote: »
    @AnthonyF

I think there are multiple versions , I had more questions related to project management , few if anything on risk management and governance were there but I hardly recall them as I didnt have much problem with.

same goes with me; I didnt study much however my problem wasnt the exam itself.... it was the freezer of a room that we had the exam in >.>;

Thank you for feedback and good luck , but how about Chapter 5 questions was it difficult?
  • RaystafarianRaystafarian Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Samoo wrote: »
    what are the major subjects you faced in the exam ???? my exam Dec 19 pls help

Nobody that sat for the exam would be allowed to discuss that. If you have a CIA, you know this.
    Hit me up on LinkedIn - just mention you're from techexams.
  • AnthonyFAnthonyF Member Posts: 109
    @Falasi

Concur on the multiple versions comment. It was much easier than expected. I have read (in this forum) about how off base and crazy the exam was from previous exam takers.

Like you said... let the wait begin!

@Samoo

As I stated earlier everything was basic. But that is relative to experience level. You will be fine... as for the chapter reference I did not have the book so the point is moot. Just settle down and trust yourself.
    Nobody that sat for the exam would be allowed to discuss that. If you have a CIA, you know this.

I know about nondisclosure law , and I did not ask to disclose the details of questions but general subjects.

Thanks
    @Samoo

As I stated earlier everything was basic. But that is relative to experience level. You will be fine... as for the chapter reference I did not have the book so the point is moot. Just settle down and trust yourself.[/QUOTE]

I am Internal Auditor and I have done IT Audit engagements , I have IT knowledge from CIA and CISA ,
    Chapter 5 is addressed protection of Info assets (encryption, ...) last session score was 91 % 100 questions for overall Chapters , I am not sure this is sufficient or not AS I PUT 95 % TARGET, thank you for your advice and good luck.
  • runggarungga Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yesterday, I felt shock with CISA EXAM. I think very difficult because I must many imagination for this case.

I wish, we could pass icon_wink.gif
  • aftab008@hotmail.comaftab008@hotmail.com Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For those who appeared in CISA Exam december 14th, anyone who remember some questions from the exam..

like Q: The Fire Alarm Panel installed in a computer room should be in
    1: Computer Room near server room
    2: Computer Room near UPS room
    3: Computer Room
    4: ....don't remember

Q: which type of sensor should be installed above the false ceiling.
    1: Smoke Detector
    2: Water Sensor
    3: Motion Detector
    4: .... don't remember
    For those who appeared in CISA Exam december 14th, anyone who remember some questions from the exam..

like Q: The Fire Alarm Panel installed in a computer room should be in
    1: Computer Room near server room
    2: Computer Room near UPS room
    3: Computer Room
    4: ....don't remember

Q: which type of sensor should be installed above the false ceiling.
    1: Smoke Detector
    2: Water Sensor
    3: Motion Detector
    4: .... don't remember
    [h=2]Forums Rules[/h]
    Posting actual exam questions and/or promoting, condoning and linking to brain **** sites will lead to a permanent ban.
  • aftab008@hotmail.comaftab008@hotmail.com Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Forums Rules

Posting actual exam questions and/or promoting, condoning and linking to brain **** sites will lead to a permanent ban.

This is to help the one who appeared in the exam to guess there obtained marks and also to help the one appearing in the next exam.
    Forums Rules

AS PER ISACA RULES :

CISAs are not allowed to discuss exam questions, which means questions that they responded when they took the CISA exam. We can discuss practice "public-available" questions to help others prepare for the test.
  • RaagulRaagul Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello Guys, I took the exam on Dec 14th from Chennai, India.. Hope everyone performed well and expecting the 450 ASAP.. Fingers crossed....
  • acidstormacidstorm Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all,
    I am enquiring if anyone has the past experience, they just change job less than a year and require someone from their ex-company to verify their experience but not able to get hold their ex-supervisor, because he has also left the company?
    For example, the CISA certification require at least 2 years experience in IS audit, control, assurance or security experience but the person just join the new company less than a year.
    There’s employer verification, if the candidate actually put in the latest, the job experience will only be 1 year. However, if he intends to put in ex company employer verification, he can’t locate his supervisor or anybodies related from his ex company, coz most of them have actually left.
    Thanks
  • MNDieselMNDiesel Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello All,

Does ISACA ever post results earlier then the 5 weeks? The wait is killing me.....icon_wink.gif
  • RaagulRaagul Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i am also waiting for it..... Sooner the better....
  • okpokp Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @MNDiesel, for CISM last year :
    - Exam date was 8 June 2013
    - Results have been provided by email on 12 July 2013

If I'm correct CRISC was released later on, maybe 1 week after (but don't remember)

So... grin and bear it, as we are all doing it :)
    MNDiesel wrote: »
    Hello All,

Does ISACA ever post results earlier then the 5 weeks? The wait is killing me.....icon_wink.gif

It was 8 weeks in 2012 , Now is much better, We hove no choice other than waiting icon_surprised.gif , Good Luck
  • lysjelysje Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @okp, CRISC results were released on July 23rd 2013.

So it looks like we're almost half through the waiting period for all exam results now....
  • RKALRKAL Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The CISA and CISM results should be out on January 17, 2014.Good Luck to all of you who took these exams.
  • RKALRKAL Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    okp wrote: »
    @MNDiesel, for CISM last year :
    - Exam date was 8 June 2013
    - Results have been provided by email on 12 July 2013

If I'm correct CRISC was released later on, maybe 1 week after (but don't remember)

So... grin and bear it, as we are all doing it :)
    CRISC result was out on Jul 23, 2013.
  • wikigetwikiget Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    MNDiesel wrote: »
    Hello All,

With two major holidays I would probably give them some leeway on the 5 weeks thing.
    "Once upon a time, disks were floppy, administrators were electricians and computers were louder then jets. Then it all got complicated." -Anon

Life of a Network Security Manager: http://imgur.com/kKvmgjj