Options

study techniques for the Hardware exam

gibc5363gibc5363 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
HI

I am curious, how have people been studying for the hardware exam? I took a course which wasn't bad, not the best instructor led course. We followed the A+ Guide to Managing and Maintaining Your PC, Fifth Edition Enhanced, by Jean Andrews. I don't have alot of experience and we didn't do a lot of hands on. Anyhow I have a a old computer plus a brand new one and I need to get back into studying again. I tried doing the exam last week and missed it by 2 questions.

Anyway any feedback or methods that people have been using I would really like to hear.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    The exam involves a lot of memorization, but make sure that you indeed understand what you are memorizing, not just blindly memorizing it. Try applying what you know to real-life concepts. Above all else, make sure you use multiple sources, as well as the Technotes on this web site. You'll ace it.

Good luck!
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Download a copy of CompTIA's objectives on CORE and practice on as much different hardware as you can.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    closet haxzorcloset haxzor Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have the same exact book your using, only mines 2nd edition icon_sad.gif
    So I dont know if its going to be enough to pass me. But I would suggest reading various books. Read more than just one A+ Core book. Different books cover different things that maybe other books you've read dident mention.

This is just the advise my computer repair teacher gives us. read read read!!! :)