Options

New version of OSCP will be available in the next 4-6 months

YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
It look's like Offensive-Security has come up with a new pentesting distro "backtrack reborn" named Kali and they are also coming out with updated OSCP course material.

BackTrack Reborn - Kali Linux ## look at the bottom of the page, below the video (barely any info given on the new version)

Comments

• Options
    da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    This is like the corvette comercials late last year, just enough to get you excited :)

It sounds like the class will not be affected too much if any by this. We'll just have a better distro. I hope to sign up for this class by the end of the year (can't wait!!!).
  • Options
    the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    Well, the course content will definitely have to change. But I doubt the structure of the labs will change much. Where'd you get the timeframe of 4-6 months? I've extensively looked for a release date (or even approximate time frame) for this, and haven't been able to find anything.
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you go to the link I provided, look at the paragraph right below that 30-60 second video they have. Here's a quote from it

" Students who have enrolled in PWB since the 1st of Jan, 2013 will get an additional discount on the upgrade fee – once a new version of PWB is available, in the next 6 months. Our lab environment will not be changing due to the new BackTrack version. Be patient, we will release more information about Kali once it’s ready…soon.".
  • Options
    Cold TitaniumCold Titanium Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to necro-post, but according to this there might be an announcement within a week

oscp crew: should I wait for the Kali version? : AskNetsec
    2014 Goals
    • Pass OSCP (In Progress)
    • Obtain employment in IT Security
  • Options
    NovaHaxNovaHax Member Posts: 502 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Most of the concepts are going to be the same. Just a slightly different look and feel. But if I was going to wait to see if there was going to be a new release, I'd prefer to have it from a more reliable source than reddit...
  • Options
    Cold TitaniumCold Titanium Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah I know hearsay from reddit isn't reliable, but I think I'm going to wait a month or two anyway. Need to finish up my degree and some huge projects at work so that I have more study time.
    2014 Goals
    • Pass OSCP (In Progress)
    • Obtain employment in IT Security
  • Options
    NovaHaxNovaHax Member Posts: 502 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Now that's one I'm not going to argue with. You need a lot of time to dedicate to this program. Clear your schedule as much as you can before getting started. Keep us posted man. Look forward to hearing about it