At a loss for new training... Where to go?

Architect192Architect192 Member Posts: 157 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have always loved doing hands-on stuff. I moved to an architect position a few years back and I do a lot of integration as well so still hands-on. I am trying to figure out what to study for next... I took university courses in management, which I found boring as hell (the theory itself - not managing staff, as I was operations team leader for 8 years before.)

I am trying to find something stimulating, interesting to work on that would have value to current position as well as future management goals.

I am competent (not expert) in a lot of things, Microsoft AD (MCSE), Exchange, Linux, NetApp, Cisco (CCNP), etc...

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Current: VCAP-DCA/DCD, VCP-DCV2/3/4/5, VCP-NV 6 - CCNP, CCNA Security - MCSE: Server Infrastructure 2012 - ITIL v3 - A+ - Security+
Working on: CCNA Datacenter (2nd exam), Renewing VMware certs...

Comments

• SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Sounds like your in an interesting spot. Do you work primarily with any one type of technology? VMWare/Cisco maybe advance to the next level in those subjects.

If you will working with any new technologies? you could dive into those.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Architect192Architect192 Member Posts: 157 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I work for CGI in Canada (Information technology and business process outsourcing | CGI IT services) and I do whatever they send me to do unfortunately. One mandate could be AD related stuff, next one could be SCOM, next one could be VMware.. etc.. I enjoy telecom very much but they are not a telecom shop.

I am looking at the IASA certifications for architects but I have no idea of the value of them, never even saw any demand for it here so...
    Current: VCAP-DCA/DCD, VCP-DCV2/3/4/5, VCP-NV 6 - CCNP, CCNA Security - MCSE: Server Infrastructure 2012 - ITIL v3 - A+ - Security+
    One thing is, I have no intentions or interests in enterprise architecture. I like dabbling with the technology, doing detailed design for a solution etc. TOGAF was suggested to me a while back but that's more enterprise architecture than technological design...
  • filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You could look into data center technologies.

CCNA Data Center
    CCNP Data Center
    Certified Data Centre Design Professional (CDCDP®)
    CISSP, CCNA SP
    Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications - Mt. Sierra College
    Masters of Networking and Communications Management, Focus in Wireless - Keller
  • EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Given Cloud any thought?
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius
  • xordisxordis Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would be doing some cloud certifications myself.
    It is were a lot of businesses are heading in my city and where lots of businesses are going to try and save some money.

AWS has a cert.
    Azure has certs.
    I'm going for VCAP-DCD for vmware design and TOGAF. I sent in the request to my employer for authorization for these 2.