Cisco Certificate and Kit

jayskatajayskata Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, I'm just wondering...do I have to pay for the printed copy of the certificate and have it shipped to my address or is it free and just wait for it arrived? I'm not sure about this...if anyone can clarify this that would be awesome. Much appreciated :)

Comments

• late_collisionlate_collision Member Posts: 146
    One printed certificate is free. Replacements are available for a fee.

Mine took almost 4 weeks to arrive.
  • jayskatajayskata Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□

Ahhh thanks mate! Appreciate it!
  • rowelldrowelld Member Posts: 176
    I have yet to frame mine icon_sad.gif

There's no space at my work to hang or display but I figured I'd place it in my loft to remind me of my journey towards CCNA.

You can download the PDF version multiple times without charge.
    Visit my blog: http://www.packet6.com - I'm on the CWNE journey!
    rowelld wrote: »
    You can download the PDF version multiple times without charge.

I was going to ask that also but I guess you already read my mind. LOL! Thanks.
  • itangelitangel Member Posts: 111
    Question to you guys, I have 3x 48-port Catalyst 2950 Switches and 1x 12-port Catalyst 2950 series switch. I have 3x multi-mode fiber cables to create trunking plus 4-6 pc to add to the mix. But my question is, I could purchase 2-3 Cisco 2600XM routers to add to my lab or a combo of different routers and maybe a firewall. Is finishing my labs better than grabbing a software emulator like Boson netsim to study for my CCNA? I have been expose to Cisco devices in the past, have an associate degree in network system administrator plus I work as a cell tech dealing with other network devices at the moment for cellular. What would be a good route for me to take? if selling the equipment and getting a software version is best for the CCNA then I might consider that. Thanks In Advance!

Network Administrator
    :

Looking forward in 2017: CCENT
    Have you looked into GNS3 for router emulation?

2950's aren't worth much, but you will be glad you have at least 3 when you start covering the spanning-tree material.
    Packet Tracer and GNS3 will suffice for CCNA :)
    Have you looked into GNS3 for router emulation?

2950's aren't worth much, but you will be glad you have at least 3 when you start covering the spanning-tree material.

yea the key is I need to grab 3 routers for the lab. What model routers should I pick up that can push me to a CCNP if I want to continue?

Network Administrator
    :

jayskata wrote: »
    Packet Tracer and GNS3 will suffice for CCNA :)

Thats good to know but don't you need access to the lic version for the routers and switches in order to use them in GNS3?

Network Administrator
    :

• rowelldrowelld Member Posts: 176
    The correct answer, yes.
    Visit my blog: http://www.packet6.com - I'm on the CWNE journey!
  • weakness33weakness33 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow this thread got hijacked.
    itangel wrote: »
    yea the key is I need to grab 3 routers for the lab. What model routers should I pick up that can push me to a CCNP if I want to continue?

I went with 1841's. Make sure you get them somewhat loaded with RAM/Flash if you want them to run IOS 15
    jayskata wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm just wondering...do I have to pay for the printed copy of the certificate and have it shipped to my address or is it free and just wait for it arrived? I'm not sure about this...if anyone can clarify this that would be awesome. Much appreciated :)

Hey Jay, this is actually a very good question because, I though they provide you with a free one first right? Then any additional copy you have to pay for it?

Network Administrator
    :

I went with 1841's. Make sure you get them somewhat loaded with RAM/Flash if you want them to run IOS 15

ok cool i will check Ebay on those modems to see. Thanks!

Also sorry if people think I tried to hijacked the thread. I figure since it was label Cisco Certification and kits that maybe others can ask question about kits under it? XD

Network Administrator
    :

itangel wrote: »
    ok cool i will check Ebay on those modems to see. Thanks!

Also sorry if people think I tried to hijacked the thread. I figure since it was label Cisco Certification and kits that maybe others can ask question about kits under it? XD

wasn't referring to lab kits but certificate kit :) anyway, its cool mate..no biggie
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□

I want to say the replacement fee is $15 USD.