Testout and CBT Nuggets - and other Video Series

Hello

I was wondering if any of you have purchased the video CDROM series from any of the numerous vendors like Test Out and CBT Nuggetts

Test Out $1900
http://www.testout.com/mcse/index.htm

CBT Nuggets $900
http://www.cbtnuggets.com/webapp/product?id=251

Just wondering what your experiences are and are they worth the heafty price tags.

Also if you could recomend one over the other?

Are there other vendors out there that are worht looking at?[/url]

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I can vouch for the CBT Nuggets. I have 4 of their series, they are well done. The main thing is that the instructors really know their stuff.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • canismaxcanismax Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've used both of them, Testout and CBT Nuggets. Testout can hold its own, it has some nice simulations in it and their questions are very thorough, plus the answers have explanations why the answer is the correct answer. I'd recommend to use both if you can afford it. If not, you can go with CBT Nuggets and try to follow along using a virtual machine or a lab.

Almost forgot you can always go with Train Signal as an alternative to both as well, they have pretty in depth labs.
  • bcairnsbcairns Member Posts: 280
    Test Out seemed to cost more but they do have a pack that includes pretty much every major cert for $1900 - and they have a "you will pass or we pay for it poliicy".

Will do more research before I sink any real money into it.

And thanks a ton for your responses. :P
  • TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    I used CBT nuggets for 70-290... If you have no hands-on experience it is a great tool... If you do, its kind of boring and mundane.

I used viewed a couple Train Signal videos. They seemed a bit more entertaining for some reason. Content was good.

For myself, I wouldn't spend money on the videos. Alot are pretty easy topics that you could learn on your own. For the harder topics just search online or ask questions here... We're all more than happy to help the people behind us.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
    canismax wrote:
    I've used both of them, Testout and CBT Nuggets. Testout can hold its own, it has some nice simulations in it and their questions are very thorough, plus the answers have explanations why the answer is the correct answer. I'd recommend to use both if you can afford it. If not, you can go with CBT Nuggets and try to follow along using a virtual machine or a lab.

Almost forgot you can always go with Train Signal as an alternative to both as well, they have pretty in depth labs.

Very cool thanks (and thanks to everyone else) .

By the way - I have A+ and Network+ ... how hard is the CCNA?
  • TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    Its like saying your good in math, how hard is wood working?

CCNA is the introductory course for cisco products... A+ doesnt have any relevance but Net+ will get your feet wet.

I don't think its all that difficult but there may be areas that you are unfamiliar with.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
    Looking at Testout and CBT both seem to hold their own....very hard to choose one over the other.

Will look into both more and let you guys know.

In the mean time if anyone else had to choose one over the other please let me know which one and why.