2 exam "ITIL-F" and"ITIL-Foundation" available in PEARSON VUE

tongstephentongstephen Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Everyone,

I will attend the ITIL exam soon. However, I found that there are 2 exam available in PEARSON VUE registration website named "ITI-F" ad "ITIL-Foundation". Which one should I choose? What is the difference?

Thanks a lot for you help.

Regards,
Stephen

Comments

• tayro12tayro12 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Copying some information from Pearson Vue site on EXIN Exam for ITIL Foundations.
    IMPORTANT EXAM INFORMATION

Within 3 days after taking your EXIN exam, you will receive an email from EXIN. In this email we request you to click on the provided link and to confirm your personal data which we have received from Pearson VUE in the EXIN database. Without this confirmation of your personal data your certificate will not be released.
    Please make certain that your email account allows email from EXIN. The address you enter in the address field will be used to send the certificate to. If you prefer the certificate to be shipped to your work address, include the company name and department in the address.
    On all EXIN examinations, the EXIN Rules and Regulations are applicable (available on www.exin.com.)
    Exams are available in several languages. Should you need any special accommodations when taking your exam, you can use this form for your request.

Per January 1, 2014 there will be a new, higher price for the ITIL Foundation exam, due to the changes in ownership and organization of the Best Management Practice Portfolio (BMP). The price increase will approximately be € 40 / $ 44.

Take your ITILF exam in 2013 before the price goes up and save yourself some money.

These changes also mean that in Q1 of 2014, EXIN will offer other BMP exams, including the Prince2® Foundation, at Pearson VUE.

If you check the price of ITIL-F and ITIL-Foundations - it shows the different in costs of each exam.

I too was surprised hence expediting my review and planning to take the exam this Saturday.
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    tayro12 wrote: »
    Copying some information from Pearson Vue site on EXIN Exam for ITIL Foundations.
    IMPORTANT EXAM INFORMATION

Within 3 days after taking your EXIN exam, you will receive an email from EXIN. In this email we request you to click on the provided link and to confirm your personal data which we have received from Pearson VUE in the EXIN database. Without this confirmation of your personal data your certificate will not be released.
    Please make certain that your email account allows email from EXIN. The address you enter in the address field will be used to send the certificate to. If you prefer the certificate to be shipped to your work address, include the company name and department in the address.
    On all EXIN examinations, the EXIN Rules and Regulations are applicable (available on www.exin.com.)
    Exams are available in several languages. Should you need any special accommodations when taking your exam, you can use this form for your request.

Per January 1, 2014 there will be a new, higher price for the ITIL Foundation exam, due to the changes in ownership and organization of the Best Management Practice Portfolio (BMP). The price increase will approximately be € 40 / $ 44.

Take your ITILF exam in 2013 before the price goes up and save yourself some money.

These changes also mean that in Q1 of 2014, EXIN will offer other BMP exams, including the Prince2® Foundation, at Pearson VUE.

If you check the price of ITIL-F and ITIL-Foundations - it shows the different in costs of each exam.

I too was surprised hence expediting my review and planning to take the exam this Saturday.

Thanks for posting this, I was not aware at all...I was going to let this slip into next year but now I am finally motivated to get this done!

edit: I just went to register for the exam and set my date and apparently its too late. Its not very clear, but I think you would need to have registered & set your exam date before Nov 1 2013 to get in under the old price.

Can anyone verify, or am I doing something wrong? On my screen, I only have one exam option. Not two.
    Hi Chris,

Can you check with other exam centers, and see if available date of exam is not yet marked as X, I only found 1 testing center near my location that offers the exam this Saturday.

hope this helps.
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi all,

I thought you might be interested in the context for the price increase.

As you might know, ITIL is owned by the UK government. In 2013 they signed a joint venture agreement with a company called Capita to create a new company named Axelos. Axelos will now own and operate ITIL and other best management practice owned by the UK government including PRINCE2.

Axelos will be bringing a lot of positive improvement to the portfolio, but it's also a commercial enterprise with steep revenue targets to meet. One of their first actions has been to increase the fees for exams, which has been passed on to all examination centres and training companies.

You'll see most ITIL training orgs putting their fees up as of January 1st, so if you're thinking about booking an exam, now is the time to do it.

Claire
  • Liz GallacherLiz Gallacher Member Posts: 107
    You could try and buy a web-proctored exam voucher from exin (Google exin anywhere), you might be able to get your exam in before the price goes up
    @Tayro, this was through the Exin site. I didnt think of finding a local proctor, I may have better luck that way.

@Claire, thanks for the info!

@Liz, thanks as well!
    Thank you Chris for raising this thread, made me check it myself and was forced to take the ITIL exam today and PASSED :)

Thanks to Clair and Liz as well :) - I used your book - ITIL Foundation Exam Study Guide (Sybex)
    Congratulations tayro12!
    tayro12 wrote: »
    Thank you Chris for raising this thread, made me check it myself and was forced to take the ITIL exam today and PASSED :)

Thanks to Clair and Liz as well :) - I used your book - ITIL Foundation Exam Study Guide (Sybex)

Congrats!

I just finished reading the book, I am starting to review all the terms/definitions today then plan to take it next week via exin.
  • Cayo76Cayo76 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Confirmed, in India the price has increased around 100% I will be taking the ITIL Foundations exam next week. Do you have any information regarding whether the contents/criteria of the examination will change, any new version or any other change beside the exam fee that we might expect?

Thank You
    Hi Cayo, the contents haven't changed and won't for the foreseeable future (I would guess for the next 12 months probably). The price increase is due to a change in the ownership of ITIL rather than any change in the content of the exam. Good luck! Kind regards Claire
  • john_samsonjohn_samson Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi
    Can anyone please tell me ,to sit for ITIL exams ,under the "Testing Programs" listbox in Pearson Vue what should I choose? There are names of various companies,I dont know what to choose!
    Search for Exin and create an account on the Exin site. This is assuming you want to take it online.

I will mention that the Exin site has some drawbacks. Pay for the exam a few days ahead of time and make sure you get your email confirmation. I waited until the day of to pay for the exam and:

First my MasterCard would not allow Exin to process the card, not because it was flagged as fraudulent (it was, Mastercard removed the restriction) but because the Exin payment processor does not support MasterCard (this is what MC told me). I said BS, many people have paid for it with their MC's. They said no with a Capitalone card, sorry there is nothing they can do. So I pay with the company AMEX, reimburse them...no problem good to go now.

Second problem, I never received the email confirmation which contains the code you need to take the exam. A call to Exin in Boston (very nice people btw!) and they resent it, this time to my personal email. Still no dice, email never showed. Another call to Exin, another nice person. This time she sent the email to her personal email then forwarded it to my email. Bingo, problem solved!

After that it was 15 minutes of testing and done.

Just a heads up, do all this ahead of time!
  • john_samsonjohn_samson Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hi chris,
    i think i couldn't get you properly. firstly you said about registering Exin website, but i was talking about Pearson Vue website. Do you mean I cant take the exam in any pearson vue center in any country of the world?
    Also,15 minutes testing time ,what does it mean? you mean the exam is only of 15 minutes??
    Hope you will clarify .
  • squareeyessquareeyes Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was hoping to take the BCS ITIL Foundation exam via ProctorU.

Where do I buy the voucher?