Seeking advice to whether or not go straight for 70-410

iDleiDle Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Good morning,

Quite the newbie on this forum, so please be gentle! :P Let me summarize briefly who I am and what are my skills... I consider myself fairly new in networking and I recently started to study for the 98-365 exam in order to get the basic MTA. Considering the fact that my knowledge is pretty limited, that is why I decided to go towards that route... I considered that getting the basics is mostly always a good thing, right? hehe

So now, I was wondering if you would recommend studying for the 98-366 exam rather than going straight for the MCSA (410, 411, etc.) training/exams.

Thanks for your time and help.

Cheers!

Comments

• Xenith19Xenith19 Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    iDle wrote: »
    Good morning,

Quite the newbie on this forum, so please be gentle! :P Let me summarize briefly who I am and what are my skills... I consider myself fairly new in networking and I recently started to study for the 98-365 exam in order to get the basic MTA. Considering the fact that my knowledge is pretty limited, that is why I decided to go towards that route... I considered that getting the basics is mostly always a good thing, right? hehe

So now, I was wondering if you would recommend studying for the 98-366 exam rather than going straight for the MCSA (410, 411, etc.) training/exams.

Thanks for your time and help.

Cheers!

Do you have any experience with Server operating systems?
  • LeifAlireLeifAlire Member Posts: 106
    Read a study book for it > Do some labs > Take the Test > Pass the Test!!!
    2015 Goals: VCP-550 - CISA - 70-417
  • iDleiDle Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Xenith19 wrote: »
    Do you have any experience with Server operating systems?

Not that much to be honest...due to the 98-365 course I have been playing with WinServer 2012 and 2008 for labs and general understanding the software.

But as mentioned above, I was wondering if doing or reviewing the content of the 98-366 course would had been a plus value in order to take the 70-410 exam...
  • Xenith19Xenith19 Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    iDle wrote: »
    Not that much to be honest...due to the 98-365 course I have been playing with WinServer 2012 and 2008 for labs and general understanding the software.

But as mentioned above, I was wondering if doing or reviewing the content of the 98-366 course would had been a plus value in order to take the 70-410 exam...

Nah. I agree with Leif. Get a book. Set up labs and study as best you can. Get some practice exams and take the test. If you fail, study where you're weakest and try again.
  • iDleiDle Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advice guys!