Options

designing a network with 10 broadcast domains and 32 collision domains. pls help me.

2»

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Whether it makes sense or not depends on the network. I've seen setups similar to this with eight plus routers on a single broadcast domain.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    That's fair (I've also had multiple routers on one broadcast domain), but it doesn't make sense for this network, since the routers are only connecting to switches that are already on the same broadcast domain. The routers have no traffic to route from client machines (other than server0, which was also in the large broadcast design in OP's diagram, but is segmented in this version).
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    GngoghGngogh Member Posts: 165 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ptilsen wrote: »
    Wow. I'm not sure I can help how incorrect your understanding is, but I'll try. Routers on the same logical switched network are on the same broadcast domain, period. The switches in that diagram are connected to each other. That they are also connected to routers does not magically separate their broadcast domains. There are six broadcast domains in the pictured network, five between each router and one with every single device. Nothing needs to get routed to go from any router to any other router, because they are all connected by switches.

Edit: Just to ensure there's no ambiguity about which diagram I'm referencing, it's this one:
    http://www.techexams.net/attachments/forums/ccna-ccent/4614d1387298890t-designing-network-10-broadcast-domains-32-collision-domains-pls-help-me-network-design3.jpg

you said before that there were 6 broadcast domains... thats why i ilustrated the diagram.
  • Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    There are six in OP's diagram. You changed one switch to a router, which created two more. Perhaps he intended it to be a router, but it wasn't.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    GngoghGngogh Member Posts: 165 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ohh, yes in did you are right.. i didnt look at it properly... my bad.
  • Options
    Magic JohnsonMagic Johnson Member Posts: 414
    This is the most confusing thread I've ever read!! Haha.