Options

ICND2 Test commitment request

sixtytensixtyten Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone

I'm having a hard time building momentum and dedication to pass ICND2. After failing the OLD ICND2 in September, its been tough regrouping and getting my studies on track. I had a college course which contributed to my lack of focus on my Cisco studies but that course is over now.

Anyone want to commit to a test date in February?? I think I could reasonably be ready for ICND2 around mid to late February?

icon_study.gif

Comments

• Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    I am taking the ICND1 test in the beginning of January. I would commit to late February for ICND2, I think that would be plenty of time to study plus it would help keep me motivated to have a set date.
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Reading other people's success stories always motivates me to get back to studying
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm glad this semester is over I took to many classes for the first term. I am taking the CCENT in January but I have not had any time to work on labs till now. I'm not prepared yet but I'm taking it anyway.

Realizing my mistake I am only taking the Cisco networking class next term.
    I can't make any commitments with you but Good Luck!
  • Options
    jayskatajayskata Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Jon_Cisco wrote: »
    I'm glad this semester is over I took to many classes for the first term. I am taking the CCENT in January but I have not had any time to work on labs till now. I'm not prepared yet but I'm taking it anyway.

Realizing my mistake I am only taking the Cisco networking class next term.
    I can't make any commitments with you but Good Luck!

Download Packet Tracer..that alone is enough for your lab.
  • Options
    sixtytensixtyten Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yea packet tracer is AWESOME. You can find lots of videos on Youtube to help you get use to it.

I like to use CBT Nuggets and build my own labs in Packet Tracer to follow along with his instruction. I have a base network topology that allows me to run things like VLANs, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, etc to practice along the way.