Options

A point i always seem to reach studying

WodanWodan Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
After pushing back this exam for a week, I am taking this test Monday.

It seems like every time i study for an exam, i reach a point when despite having weak points, I cant seem to retain any more information.

Anyone else have a similar occurance? How do you get past this and stay focused?

I think my brain is at full capacity

Comments

• Options
    Badger95Badger95 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Your trying to memorize too much at once. Most people can only learn 5 new things a day, that’s 5 meaningful blocks of information. So build on what you know. I teach computer applications and one of the things I tell my students is go back and find a project to test out what you learned. It makes you think, if you have to struggle to find the answer you will remember the next time you come across it. Repetition in small blocks is the key. Constantly quiz yourself. I like to make 3x5 cards with the things I have a problem with and throughout the day I read them and quiz myself.
    Badger
    _________
    Velle est posse, tempus fugit, vivere disce, Cogita Mori
  • Options
    Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    I also like using index cards. They prove extremely useful. I would advise anyone, taking any exam, to utilize flash cards.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • Options
    pmannpmann Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I posted this list of study tips a while back...

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3842

Maybe some of these points will help you.
  • Options
    WodanWodan Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well i seem to be on a roll

In the past 4 weeks I passed CCNA Intro,A+ Core and OS and today passed Network +

The score was 663, a modest score and a reminder to not get cocky and maintain good study habits.

This site has been invaulable, both for inspiration and information and I thank you all.

See you all on the 70-270 forums