Options

GNS3 switches

orange_badgerorange_badger Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All

I'm pretty new to GNS3 and also CCNP, with that in mind please bare with for any mistake's or oversights i make i'm open to correction and I'm always trying to learn.

my first question.

Quad nic's
what is the recommend amount to replicate the average lab within GNS3, by which i mean how many individual quad nic cards would i need.

Linux
i'm currently using windows but i've seen information saying i should use linux when integrating hardware based switching, is this true or just personal preference.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would hold off on buying your own switches since gns3 will support switching in a few months. new.gns3.net
  • Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    That's in a few months if you are a beta subscriber. They said end of year 2014 for public.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Options
    orange_badgerorange_badger Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hmm i'd rather not have to face the hassle of legally obtaining all the necessary "tools", I also was kinda looking forward to a little bit of hands on even if it was only with the switches.

with that being said thanks for the heads up ill keep and eye out for the new GNS and what it can bring to the table
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can still sign up for early release on "new.gns3.net" for $40. It looks like we should be getting something released from GNS3 in February too.
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    FloOz wrote: »
    You can still sign up for early release on "new.gns3.net" for $40. It looks like we should be getting something released from GNS3 in February too.

I am pretty excited about this, a guy from my work showed me this.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi