Cisco's newest CCENT!

wgroomwgroom Member Posts: 147
I passed my CCENT this afternoon, finishing at 4:10PM. Studying for this, taking practice exams, and subnetting got me through it. I will say it was one of the tougher exams I have taken, and I will have to adjust my study tactics for the CCNA. This was an eye opener for sure, but the door has been opened for the road to Cisco nirvana! I am a Cisco VoIP Engineer I, have been doing this since 2006. Figured now it is time to get certified. I am now on the path to CCNA and beyond!

Bill
Cisco VoIP Engineer I
CCNA R&S COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Voice COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Collaboration [In Progress]

Comments

• Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Congrats!
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Bill! I'm guessing you will be going after CCNA Voice pretty soon?
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • wgroomwgroom Member Posts: 147
    I will begin my studies (CCNA-V after the holidays pass. I need to get a core router and PoE switch, and am looking at putting together an ESXi server with CUCM, CUC, UCCX, and CUPS. Also looking to get a new Fluke TS53 buttset for the new position with new company 1/1/2014.
    Cisco VoIP Engineer I
    CCNA R&S COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Voice COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Collaboration [In Progress]
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Care to share what your study resources were in terms of book, tutorials, lab simulators etc? I am hoping to knock this out soon myself
  • wgroomwgroom Member Posts: 147
    zxbane, I used Todd Lammle's CCNA book, Paul Browning's CCNA in 60 days book, any online free exam I could find, and the subnetting.org website. I studied hard for 2 months, but I have been doing the Cisco switching and VoIP work for 7 years now. It was more or less boning up on the technical details. Attention to detail is everything. I will be moving forward with the CCNA R&S as well as Voice in the coming year.
    Cisco VoIP Engineer I