Changed my test date

Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
I scheduled my CCENT exam for Jan figuring I would take the test during my winder break. I realized in the last four weeks that I had taken to many courses this semester and I was not able to keep up with the final chapters of the Cisco Networking 2 class.

I have decided to reschedule my exam for the end of February to allow me to to read Wendall Odem's Cisco CCENT/CCNA ICND1 100-101 Official Cert Guide before I take the test. I could probably cram it into then next few weeks but I want to e able to take my time and absorb the information. This is all part of a long term goal for me and I decided it was worth it to push it back a bit. I often encourage people to take the test anyway because we will all learn from our failures so I felt I should update the community on my decision to postpone as well.

I am not so much worried about failing the exam. To me that is just part of the process. I just wanted to give myself the correct amount of time to read the material and do some practice labs. I am planning to do a chapter ever two days. One night to read it the next to review and lab.

That's my update. Good Luck everyone.

Comments

• AwesomeGarrettAwesomeGarrett Member Posts: 257
    There's no shame in admitting that you have a full plate. Just keep working on it and before you know it, you will have attained your goal.
  • wgroomwgroom Member Posts: 147
    Taking your time to ensure you know the content, rather than rushing, is a wise move. And as Garrett alluded to, there is no shame in delaying. Undue pressure setting for the exam is counterproductive. Good luck with your studies, take your time and enjoy the holidays!
    Cisco VoIP Engineer I
    CCNA R&S COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Voice COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Collaboration [In Progress]
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks guys.

I was trying to do the section of the netacad on access control lists the same week I was working on three different finals. Needless to say I didn't learn anything. That's when I decided to push my date back. I also changed my course schedule for next semester to be only the Cisco networking classes. That gives me 6 months of nothing but CCNA :)

I might get the security+ cert during the summer.
  • TechnoracerTechnoracer Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you finish all the Cisco Academy courses they will send you a voucher for 58% off the exam, and you will have more knowledge and packet tracer practice. I would recommend going that route, instead of rushing to take the test.
  • rembot00rembot00 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used Odom's book for my CCENT exam as well. It is a very informative book. I didnt passed w/ flying colors but i was sure most of the questions i encountered were covered in that book, i just couldn't remember them come examination time lol. So its good that u take ur time. Read the book twice! Or just thoroughly absorb the things he talked about. I noticed most of the infos that came out on the exam that i knew was written there,was not on the "key topics" section but on the normal paragraph parts. Thus,my regret of not thoroughly reading the book.