FiFa World Cup 2006

moss12moss12 Banned Posts: 220 ■■□□□□□□□□
Anyone watch it here?

I am supporting Portuguese this time :D

_40450491_ronaldo_pa300.jpg

Comments

• TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    Probably Brazil... Not that I am a die hard soccer fan, just seems that they have the better players and will be more fun to watch.

Beckham is old. So no England 4 me.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • thesemantheseman Member Posts: 230
    I think I'll probably disappear from the face of the earth when it starts, since for once all of the games are being shown in Canada. My teams to keep a close eye on include:

Czechs
    Italy
    Netherlands
    Brazil (it will be hard to lose track of them)
    Spain
    Portugal

England has a few players who I enjoy watching... Lampard, Gerrard, Crouch(I love the robot) But Rooney and Beckham ruin it for me!!
  • eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    I've booked my holiday during that time, so I can watch every game without being disturbed.

The teams I'm for are:

1. Italy (I'm half Italian)
    2. Switzerland (and half Swiss :P)
    3. Portugal
    4. Spain and Germany.

Wow, 5 days left! :D
    witty comment
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    One of the few times I watch sports on TV... my top 3 is:

1. Netherlands orange_smiley.gif
    2. Australia
    3. Brazil
  • geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Beckham is old. So no England 4 me.

He maybe old and just a tad past it :P BUT he can still deliver the ball when it counts!! I think he's been playing really well and I hope he can deliver on the day.

icon_redface.gif Come on ENGLAND!! icon_redface.gif
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Boy, you guys sure like Cricket! Only Jamaica for me, mon! icon_wink.gif
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    World Cup?...oh yeah, Euro-football......or soccer as some say here....I suppose I should root for my home team, but I don't think the US stands a chance, if they get out of pool play. The sport just doesn't catch on here, but I still respect some teams....I like Brazil, they're always a favorite. It would be good to see the home team Germans pull it off, that would be a celebration in the streets for a a few days.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • EricOEricO Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I plan on tuning in to the world cup for the first time this year. I coached my son's U8 soccer team this year without ever having seen the game. It is just awesome, I am going to audit a refferee class this summer to learn more. Back to the world cup: I think my son and I are going to root for Brazil, because of Ronaldinho. It has been said before, but he does some sick things with the soccer ball.
  • draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    Gotta go with Italy and the US.

I'm also half Italian, and of course I gatta root for the home team. :D Even if they will be lucky to get out of the pool. icon_sad.gif
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes