Passed CASP... CISSP next?

kart74kart74 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
So i passed the CASP! i wish i knew by how much but oh well. So i have been doing some reading on here, and am thinking about the CISSP next. From what i read some of the content from the CASP would apply to the CISSP. WOuld it make sense to do the CISSP as soon as possible so i dont lose any of that? How much more will be required to get to the CISSP level? I just purchased the Shon Harris Sitxth Edition CISSP book to work with. Any thoughts would be great! Thanks.

Comments

• DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    Congrats on the pass.

As for your question, yes there is a lot of overlap between the two. I would recommend pursuing the CISSP sooner rather then later. The Shon Harris book is a tough pill to swallow, if you start finding that the book is hard to read because of your current knowledge level swith to the Conrad book and I think you will be ready for the test fairly quick.
  • colby_arcolby_ar Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have to agree that the Shon Harris AIO is dense and a tough and boring read; so much so that I found it tough to make things stick in my head. The CISSP for Dummies book was an easy read and really explained some of the tougher topics well. I followed that up with the Conrad book just for good measure, though I think the Dummies book may be enough on its own to get you over the passing mark.
  • NadzzNadzz Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • wikigetwikiget Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You can get an idea how many you got wrong by the number of "knowledge statements" missed on the pass sheet.

Also, probably. There's overlap with CASP and CISSP/CEH. So, it wouldn't be a bad idea.
    "Once upon a time, disks were floppy, administrators were electricians and computers were louder then jets. Then it all got complicated." -Anon

Life of a Network Security Manager: http://imgur.com/kKvmgjj