Options

CISSP ,CEH ,OSCP ? Which one's the baddest ?

atulpolatulpol Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
CISSP or CEH or OSCP ??
What are the fields that open up with each of the above mentioned certifications?

Comments

• Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    HR = CISSP
    People around here seem to like OSCP

Don't know where CEH fits into that. Its more technical than CISSP but not as much as OSCP.
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CEH definitely the bottom of those listed.

CISSP is the hot one with HR right now.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    NovaHaxNovaHax Member Posts: 502 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CEH - Not a very difficult cert to get. Definitely the least impressive of the three. Might get you some government positions (since its 8570 cert).

CISSP - Very low level, but extremely broad (an inch deep but a mile wide)...but will familiarize you with general security concepts about pretty much any security field. Also will introduce you to the management side of security. If you are serious about working in security, this is a must have (in any security discipline).

OSCP - This cert is only going to teach you the offensive side of things. If you are looking at Penetration Testing as a career, this is a must have. For other security disciplines...its really just a perk.
  • Options
    NovaHaxNovaHax Member Posts: 502 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You could always get all three ;)
  • Options
    antielvisantielvis Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with Novahax. CISSP is a broad based security certification that covers all aspect of security (including the procedual part). OSCP is all about penetration testing and I think it's the cert with the 48 hour exam. To take it I'd imagine you'd need to be somewhat versed in Linux as most of the tools are built into Linux distros (Kali). I've never taken the CeH exam, but I did read the course/books out of curiousity. If you complete it I think you'd be "comfortable" with security and likely know more about it than 95% of system administrators out there. It's not a bad course but the exam is apparently very expensive.