Options

Passed CISSP on my 3rd Attempt on Dec 24, 2013 :)

Kamat2000Kamat2000 Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I thank all of you for the Excellent Guidance and Support on this forum:D.

I made it .......made it this time.This was my 3rd attempt.Missed twice with little margin.icon_rolleyes.gif

My studies material consisted of icon_study.gif:

Shon Harris sixth edition (2013)
Conrad Study Guide 2nd E.
Conrad 11th Hour 2nd E.
Used Clement's CCCure test engine
The Sunflower PDF.

Special thanks to kalkan999,JDMurray ,TBRAYS and Clement Dupuis..... U guys ROCK icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

Comments

• Options
    aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I bet it feels awesome :) that's an awesome Christmas present!
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • Options
    Yep Buddy .....Santa came early to me icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    tony71tony71 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    did the cccure practice exams help?
  • Options
    hylaabhylaab Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    tony71 wrote: »
    did the cccure practice exams help?

Yes it did.....it help's you to understand weak areas and make's you dig more deep in the domains
  • Options
    Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    Congrats and Merry Christmas!
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU
  • Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    joebannyjoebanny Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome job. I'm happy for you and always love to hear this success stories.

Merry Christmas!
  • Options
    cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! What did you differently this last time around as opposed to the first tries? Did you change your study method or was it just that you needed to invest more time in the material? I am curious about your experience. Congrats again!
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
  • Options
    warmkittywarmkitty Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulation !!
  • Options
    cgrimaldo wrote: »
    Congrats! What did you differently this last time around as opposed to the first tries? Did you change your study method or was it just that you needed to invest more time in the material? I am curious about your experience. Congrats again!

My first attempt was in April used Conrad Study Guide 2nd E as it was the only resource available to me at that time and more over i attempted the exam with a technical mindset icon_sad.gif

The second attempt was in August i referred Shon Harris sixth edition (2013) and Conrad Study Guide 2nd E and got 696 ...it was a very terrible feeling coming so close and losing it out.. i was totally dishearten...managing a 24/7 Job and studying was getting quite hectic and wait period of 3 months was a torture

This time around i used the same resources only thing i changed was my approach towards attempting the questions....Where it needs to be technical i was technical and questions which needed managerial skills i approached those with the same attitude ..... Refer all the materials that would be available as it helps you to understand the concepts better and clear .... and don't forget about practice tests they help you to understand your weak areas. Wish You a Best of Luck Bro hope my experience would be helpful to you and all those who are planing for CISSP. There are lots of success stories on the forum which shows determination and hard work that people put in to be a CISSP :)

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!:D
  • Options
    JasonXJasonX Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Great way to start Xmas.
    2016 Certification Goals:
    CCIE R/S Written: ???
    CCIE R/S Lab: ???
    Add me on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/pub/jason-meier/38/912/280/
  • Options
    Kamat2000 wrote: »
    My first attempt was in April used Conrad Study Guide 2nd E as it was the only resource available to me at that time and more over i attempted the exam with a technical mindset icon_sad.gif

The second attempt was in August i referred Shon Harris sixth edition (2013) and Conrad Study Guide 2nd E and got 696 ...it was a very terrible feeling coming so close and losing it out.. i was totally dishearten...managing a 24/7 Job and studying was getting quite hectic and wait period of 3 months was a torture

This time around i used the same resources only thing i changed was my approach towards attempting the questions....Where it needs to be technical i was technical and questions which needed managerial skills i approached those with the same attitude ..... Refer all the materials that would be available as it helps you to understand the concepts better and clear .... and don't forget about practice tests they help you to understand your weak areas. Wish You a Best of Luck Bro hope my experience would be helpful to you and all those who are planing for CISSP. There are lots of success stories on the forum which shows determination and hard work that people put in to be a CISSP :)

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!:D

Thank you for the reply. I hope your holiday was even better with your new CERT added to your name :)
  • Options
    vkd101vkd101 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kamat2000 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

My studies material consisted of icon_study.gif:

Shon Harris sixth edition (2013)
    Conrad Study Guide 2nd E.
    Conrad 11th Hour 2nd E.
    Used Clement's CCCure test engine
    The Sunflower PDF.

Congratulations!

I am currently preparing for the exam. Can you please tell me what is Sunflower PDF ?

thanks a lot.
  • Options
    sanretsanret Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    vkd101 wrote: »
    Congratulations!

I am currently preparing for the exam. Can you please tell me what is Sunflower PDF ?

thanks a lot.

Its a 25 pages summary book

Link for the Sunflower PDF:http://www.kilala.nl/Sysadmin/Images...mmary_V1.1.pdf icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    vkd101vkd101 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    GloriosoGlorioso Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kamat, congratulations and thank you for sharing the link for the PDF ;)
  • Options
    j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    mailkcmailkc Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Many Congrats to you on your success... I have a paid membership of cccure. I noticed someone mentioning doing 4000+ questions from the cccure paid test engine. I only see 1500+ questions in my membership, with many of them seem to be outdated and many do not covering the topics covered in shon harris and Eric Conard.. What do you think is the best source for practicing tests ?I have a possession of the following - Show Harris questions - mhprofessional.com/sites/CISSPExamsShon Harris Question Book. Exercises at the end of each chapter in Shon Harris 6th edition.cccure Paid Membership. I am working and have 20 days remaining for my exam. Can someone guide me in making the best of the remaining time. Many thanks! Do you think doing the above questions will help revising the complete topics? I have read Shon Harris (5th and 6th - once each)twice but over a long time and Eric Conard 1st edition.
  • Options
    Finally the wait is over ......Officially CISSP now :) Submitted my Docs on Dec 30th 2013 and received the Mail from ISC2 on 21st Jan 2014.
  • Options
  • Options
    qutubnoorqutubnoor Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulation Kamat.... Way to go!!!
    You can Accept to LOOSE or Determine to WIN !!!:thumbup:
  • Options