I took the linux+ exam before registering for anLPI id.

W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
I took the linux+ exam before registering for an LPI id. I just registered today and it doesn't show anything in the certifications section. I'm pretty sure I selected the option to forward my information to LPI so is there something I need to do to update my LPI account with my information?

Comments

• CoolAsAFanCoolAsAFan Member Posts: 239
    I just passed Linux+ recently and saw an email today that LPIC auto-created an account for me. I had not doing anything with LPIC up until this point. I did remember seeing that if you already had an account, and they made one for you, then you can email someone at LPIC to "merge" these accounts. I am not certain, but I think this is your situation?
    IvyTech - AS CINS (Completed: May, 2013)
    WGU Indiana - BS IT Security
    (Started: August 1st, 2013)

Transferred: AGC1 CDP1 BVC1 CLC1 CVV1 DHV1 DJV1 GAC1 CIC1 CDC1 UBT1 IWC1 IWT1 TCP1 TJP1 TJC1 EBV1 WFV1 EUP1 EUC1 CJC1 UBC1 TBP1
    Completed: CUV1 BOV1 DRV1 DSV1 CTV1 CJV1 COV1 CQV1 CNV1 TPV1 MGC1 TXC1 TXP1 BNC1 TYP1 TYC1
    Required:
    SBT1 RGT1 RIT1
  • W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Not sure but I'll check my email and see if I received anything that I over looked.
  • BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
    My understanding is that you need to sign up for lpi prior to sitting the exam.

I could be wrong though as I have not done the exams yet?
    I hope that's not the case. I definitely don't plan on sitting two exams again just to get the LPIC-1 so if LPI doesn't recognize my linux+ cert then I'll just go over the lpi 2 and 3 material and then move on the the RHCE certification.
  • ExpectExpect Member Posts: 252 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It makes sense that they should create an LPI ID for you, not all people know about the 3 in 1 certification program of CompTIA/LPI.
    just message LPI with your certification # and I'm sure they will help, their support/customer service is superb.
    I just got a response from customer service at lpi and apparently there's an option on my comptia account to forward my credentials as well.
    Lucky. Alls well that ends well!
  • psxave658psxave658 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Guys, I want to clarify some things about LPI registration. I'm Planning to take the exam by January 2014. I already created my LPI ID. I already passed CCNA exam in pearsonvue so I have a existing account. I go to CompTIA Testing with Pearson VUE and sign in . I select "No, I do not know my CompTIA ID" I make my to every step of the online schedule up to payment. I did not continue the payment part because I only want to see what options are available during scheduling. I did not see the "your exam scores may be forwarded to LPI" option so it means it will appear when I take the exam right. Does that mean I need to bring my "LPI ID" because I will be prompted for the ID during the exam?
    If I remember correctly, they did ask me when I took the exam.
    I did not need the id number. It just says would you like the details forwarded to lpi yes/no.
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    LPI Customer Service is very helpful with this situation and you can register for the LPIC-1 certification retroactively if it is not completed during the Linux+ process.