70-411 exam before the end of the year

After the terrible experience months ago when I attempted this exam, I will be taking a more practical approach this time around. This time I used the CBT Nuggets videos and went in and messed with Group Policy and things instead of just reading about it. The CBT Nuggets are really good. The only downside is the instructor likes to go off on tangents and talks about unrelated things or he will go into topics that are not on the exam (This may explain why the videos are soo long D: )

The exam is scheduled for 12/30 at 9:30AM Central time. The seats were very limited and most places had sold out of exam times. I will post my experience afterwards. I do feel a little more confident this time around due to having a visual experience of things instead of just cracking a book open.
Next Goal: Office 365 70-346 (Scheduled for 9/25)

Comments

• jsojso Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Did you find the CBT nuggets videos for 70-411 to be very badly edited? For example there is an episode where he is discussing deleting GPOs he forgets the name of the GPO he is restoring from backup and the next thing you know he is deleting and restoring with a different GPO.

On the plus side I do like how he goes off topic and shows you things that are helpful for the real world that might not be on the exam.
  • Theegg911Theegg911 Member Posts: 124
    Well he makes questionable comments about Microsoft that may or may not get a normal person in trouble for example. I wish the instructor stayed more on topic. So far, all of the videos for the 411 exam have been by the same instructor and all of the videos he goes off topic a little.
    If you mean the first 5 minutes of ramble about dogs and baby showers and christmas trees? Yes, I can do with out that crap. Stories about people using the stuff we are learning would be far better.
    Yea. Paying $1,500 for a yrs subscription is a waste when 15%-20% of the video material is not needed.
    Btw, what the heck is a registry punch? If its an entry in the registry, say a registry entry icon_rolleyes.gif
    I feel like sometimes he is winging the material. Like he will say something like "Oh yea...I also wanted to show you...".
  • Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I haven't used the CBT Nuggets for 70-411 yet but the videos are done before books are launched so they only have the exam objectives to work on, so I'm sure there is some "winging it" there because they can't know for sure exactly what is going to be asked on the exam sometimes.

They need the videos out as soon after the exam is released. James Conrad has talked about doing consulting in previous CBTs and doing CBT Nuggets on the side - which is probably why they take so long to get released. He has been doing them since the 2003 exams so he definitely knows the material - he may not be to your taste though.

On the plus side for you the 70-412 exam was done by Timothy Warner, who I can't stand! I'll have to force myself to listen to him! :)

Good luck with the exam Theegg911
    Exam is in 10-15 min. Pressure is on _-_
    Passed 763/1000. Cbt videos were very useful. Probably would've done better if i took notes while watching thr videos. Nevertheless, onto 70-412 :)
  • shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • FlemethFlemeth Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□