Christmas gifts

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
Anyone get anything cool for Christmas? I got a few nice IT/INFOSEC related that I had on my Christmas list:

• DNS and Bind by Liu and Albitz
  • We are Anonymous by Parmy Olson
  • Kingpin by Kevin Poulsen

Comments

• FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As far as IT related goes I got Routing TCP/IP I and II. Best Christmas present ever :)
  • inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got to study and do lab work on gns3, just like I do everyday and all day. My gift will come when I pass my ccie lab exam!
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I got an exercise ball which I'm sitting on right now. I love it! icon_thumright.gif
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    My lovely spouse got me the TCP/IP Illustrated Vol I & II guides and Internetworking with TCP/IP Volume One by Comer. I probably won't dig into them until late 2014 but I'm amassing quite the little book collection! Can't wait to dig in!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My lovely spouse got me the TCP/IP Illustrated Vol I & II guides and Internetworking with TCP/IP Volume One by Comer. I probably won't dig into them until late 2014 but I'm amassing quite the little book collection! Can't wait to dig in!

We both must have very like minded spouses since mine got me Vol I and II as well. :)
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    I took a day off.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got to unwrap a few Beef Tamales again this Christmas :)!
  • GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Peace and quiet and an xbox to play in my peace and quiet.
  • slotzeroslotzero Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got quite the variety - new Nexus 7, a Devil Ducky, a Los Pollos Hermanos Lanyard, and a ceramic coated frying pan. w00t! :)
    WGU BS:IT/SF In Progress...
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A Nalgene water bottle to take to work. My last one got lost (it turned up under my car's seat).

Nothing IT related or too exciting. I usually buy my own IT studying materials/toys since my wife is lost when it comes to that stuff. Just got what I asked for (work clothes, CD for the car, a new jacket).

And my wife and I got a new sofa that just came in yesterday. The best part was being off from work and being able to spend time with the family.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    12 free cups of coffee to Dunkin Donuts. I buy a lot more gifts than I receive. :) I did treat myself to a Pluralsight membership.
  • lrcasey17lrcasey17 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got a nice down jacket!
  • PurpleITPurpleIT Member Posts: 327
    Nothing IT related here, which was nice; it allowed me to escape from work for a few days. I did however get spend time with my family (immediate and extended) including the chance to introduce my 3 month old son to many cousins and one of his great-grandmas, so I didn't really need anything else.
    WGU - BS IT: ND&M | Start Date: 12/1/12, End Date 5/7/2013
    What next, what next...
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Got to see the grandkids for the first time in 8 months and surprise them on Christmas. Best present ever.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nothing IT related but I got some new games for my collection on Sega 32X and GameCube!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well, I had to work Christmas Eve/Christmas morning in our NOC, but I did get to spend the bulk of the day with family. I also got the next day off, so I spent that with family, again.

As for gifts, season 6 of Big Bang Theory, seven of Psych, Red Dawn, some socks (A Nightmare Before Christmas), and a travel mug (also A Nightmare Before Christmas).

Overall, not a bad Christmas.

Cheers
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I got to setup all my family members new devices.
  • filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    INE CCIE SP advanced technology series BOGO with CCIE R&S AT series
    CISSP, CCNA SP
    Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications - Mt. Sierra College
    Masters of Networking and Communications Management, Focus in Wireless - Keller
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nothing IT related for me. We stopped exchanging gifts for anyone other than the kids in 08 when the economy turned down and we've all enjoyed saving the money so we've kept things going that way since. So with the money saved this year, I bought myself a new popup shelter to provide for a bit more comfort when getting in my fix of stress relief away from the office. My boy loves ice fishing even more now, he gets to fish and be in a "fort" both at the same time!

YOylArD.jpg
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    Christmas was awesome!

I spent all day at home. I did not leave the house once. It was grand.
    Got a little acoustic guitar to toy around on, a little sound bar to replace the 1995 stereo that was provided with my 'furnished' apartment, and a sweet pair of pajama pants.
    I also ate like 4 pillsbury cinnamon rolls and ordered pizza.
    The best was just getting to play with my daughter and wife all day.

Idk if there are any Clash of Clans fans on here but I farmed a boat load of gold as well.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Nothing IT related but I got some new games for my collection on Sega 32X and GameCube!! :)
    loved super monkey ball 2 and tales of symphonia on the game cube.

I got a little remote control Mario kart, a power drill and stud finder so I can start working on our new home, and new slippers.
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Apart from books and stuff I got the watch I kept looking at for months now, but couldn't justify that price, from my wife.

She's awesome - she wins present-wise this year :P
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    kohr-ah wrote: »
    loved super monkey ball 2 and tales of symphonia on the game cube.

I got a little remote control Mario kart, a power drill and stud finder so I can start working on our new home, and new slippers.

Great games!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • EngRobEngRob Member Posts: 247 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Xbox One and some socks
  • BloodSweatPingsBloodSweatPings Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i bought my self all these books as a late present,

• swildswild Member Posts: 828
    The only thing I bought for myself this year was a bunch of books during Cisco Press's Thanksgiving sale.

Route FLG
    Routing TCP/IP, Vol 1
    CVoice
    CIPT1
    CIPT2

Goals for this year: CCNP R&S then CCNP Voice. Next year: CCIE Voice.