getting burned out

tony71tony71 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have the exam next Sat. I took the 250 questions on cccure got 88 and another 250 with the shon harris
cd question and I got a 84.

I'm getting burned out not sure if I should keep taking practice exams or read some more.

Did you gets get to the point and say hell let me just take the exam and get it out of the way..

Comments

• j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    Yea, I started feel that way. If you are scoring like that then you are definitely in good shape as far as your knowledge goes. I did so many cccure questions that it got to the point where I had all the answers memorized, which was not productive. That was the point that I decided to keep reading more and do minimal practice questions.

Do not take the test lightly. Having the knowledge means you are probably 60-70% there, the other 30-40% will come from your experience and being able to dissect the questions on the exam and chose the BEST answer, which is not always easy. Good luck on the exam!
  • tony71tony71 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advise.
  • FalasiFalasi Member Posts: 115
    I'd rather relax before any exam , doing sample questions over and over will trick your mind when you see the actual questions; you'll either read part of the question and assume the rest or mix answers.

All my exams attempts were after 1-2 days of total isolation from exam books and it works perfectly for me. this is not to say that you should take the exam lightly but to not kill yourself before the exam just to be burned while in the exam.

my 2cents
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think it probably depends on your mindset. I personally stop all studying a few days before the exam and start to do practice questions for the 2-3 days before the exam. But I'm a huge procrastinator when it comes to these types of exams, I tend to dabble in the materials for weeks when the mood strikes me and then only focus in the last week before the exam. That method works for me primarily because in my mind, it feels like I'm easing into the material and absorbing it over time - even if that's just a mind trick. But it actually works great for me and I do find that retention of the material works long-term.

Good luck in the upcoming exam.
    I know what you mean about the mind being tricked and thinking you see the same questions when they are different.

Falasi wrote: »
    I'd rather relax before any exam , doing sample questions over and over will trick your mind when you see the actual questions; you'll either read part of the question and assume the rest or mix answers.

All my exams attempts were after 1-2 days of total isolation from exam books and it works perfectly for me. this is not to say that you should take the exam lightly but to not kill yourself before the exam just to be burned while in the exam.

my 2cents
  • kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We all hit that wall. You have to think of it like getting a second wind if you run, or ran as a kid. Just when you thought you couldn't go another step, your body goes into cruise control and you can run till your muscles hurt. Your brain works the same way. You're a bit close to the test date, but I can tell you what helped me. Lumosity.com about a month prior really opened up my brain recently for the CISM exams and the PMP. I wish I knew about it before I took my CISSP, as I am sure it would have helped. It really helped me to connect the dots in my own head, as it helped to think different.
    Thanks for the link to the website. Will try it out.