The Big 4 0

Microsoft exams, that is - I'm not that old yet.

I passed 70-414 on Friday with an 820 for my 40th Microsoft exam pass. I still owe 413 a rematch, but I had a voucher that I had to use by the end of the year so I took a shot at 414. Next up are the Office 365 Wave 15 MCSA beta exams this week, then 413 to finish the MCSE: SI. Then it may be a couple of years before I take another exam when I have to start renewing certs.

40 is the ruby anniversary. I rarely drink wine so I went looking for some red beers to celebrate. No Shiner Ruby Red and I couldn't find the beer from Clown Shoes (I think - it was a seasonal like the Shiner) that poured bright red. I settled for some Killians Red. I haven't had one in a while and it's something I might have been drinking back when I started my MS certs 15 years ago. Too much to do around the holidays so I haven't had time to properly celebrate the exam yet. Maybe tonight I'll finish the 6 pack while I have my victory cigar. I don't get the same rush I used to when I pass an exam but I make it a point to celebrate the achievement.

Comments

• Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good man Claymoore! Congrats on the pass! And quite an achievement of 40 passed MS exams...

I think I've about 30 passed exams, I tried to log in to Prometric and count them but it doesn't list all of them going back to 2007. I failed a ton for various reasons which I won't bore you with! I've probably taken about 40 exams altogether. But like you I don't get a rush like I used to, I got quite cocky in the early days of passing exams but nowadays I just shrug - meh! Only celebrate the big ones - MCSE/VCAP and the like...
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    That's just crazy! wow! Congratz.... :)
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations Claymoore. I don't believe I've taken 40 certification exams in total, let alone just Microsoft exams. That's a hell of a track-record and I'd say you've earned that cigar. I'm sure you can find something good to go with your Ruby Anniversary beer: maybe a Daniel Marshall Red Label or 601 Red Habano, and it's tough to go wrong with a Gurkha. icon_thumright.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I concur with the others, this is one hell of an achievement. I realize you got to do these for partner requirements but you got to give the MCM (or now the MCSM) more thought. If there's someone on TE that can achieve it, it's you. Perhaps the Exchange specialization is more along your career path?

p.s I wonder where royal is these days, hasnt posted in like 2 years. I believe he was TE's first MCM. Everyone is not too far off either from achieving this.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Gratz on the pass and on the accomplishment. Slowhand made some nice suggestions on Cigars, I love Gurkha's, however the shop I frequent only carries the Ninja which I don't care for. I usually end up with a Ashton VSG or a Padron 64.
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Quite a achievement! Congrats!
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • wgroomwgroom Member Posts: 147
    Incredibly well done, sir! That is celebration worthy!
    Cisco VoIP Engineer I
    CCNA R&S COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Voice COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Collaboration [In Progress]
  • netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How can he do a MCM or MCSM when they have been retired? MCSE is the best you can do with MS until they release a new master level exam
  • ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Rocky Patels are my default cigar, usually the Decade series. I smoke Gurkhas on occasion or Padrons for a change - the 1926 series if I feel like buying a really nice cigar. I got a cigar assortment from my Uncle for Christmas so I'll grab one or two out of there. I have several options for specialty and locally hand-rolled cigars around town here. The quality isn't consistent so I don't get them very often. Cigars give my wife a migraine so it's a big production to have a cigar at home (laundry, shower, complaining) that I don't smoke often. When I do, I prefer to smoke well.

An MCM in Exchange was my goal for several years, but neither my previous or current employer were excited about it. There wasn't much of a partner benefit for having an MCM on staff so it wasn't worth the substantial investment for them. We talked about it at my review this year, after the training and travel were no longer required, and then Microsoft killed the program 2 weeks later.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    netsysllc wrote: »
    How can he do a MCM or MCSM when they have been retired? MCSE is the best you can do with MS until they release a new master level exam
    I stand corrected. Today's the last day to take the MCSM/MCM/MCA.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    I usually skimp on the congrats posts bc I feel most people do it for the post count boost but this demands a congratulations.

Good work, sir.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Outstanding work! Well deserved reward.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity