Options

IOS Problem

Alhaji265Alhaji265 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
Cisco router 2610 is unable to boot into Rommon mode. After doing research, I found steps to use Break Key Sequence Combination (link on bottom of page) to get into the device using TeraTerm, but no success.

What are the steps do I need to take in order to get this back up running in good shape? Thank you in advance.

Reference:
Deleted/Corrupted/Wrong Type/No IOS image and router won't boot Cisco Forum FAQ | DSLReports, ISP InformationStandard Break Key Sequence Combinations During Password Recovery - Cisco Systems

Comments

• Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    What are you getting in your terminal? Anything?
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • Options
    Alhaji265Alhaji265 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Gibberish message whenever I hit a key.
  • Options
    santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366
    Check your rates, they could be incorrect.
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ^
    ||

What he said. I had the same problem (Gibberish) with a couple of switches before realizing they were set to 115200 BAUD (this is the highest BAUD/bitrate and is frequently used when loading an IOS image via XModem). I had set one of them to 115200 before loading an IOS (came with no IOS) and forgot to set it back. The other came that way [from eBay].
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Yep, reason why I asked if you were getting anything was to then suggest to check the port settings :)

Basically, you'll have to match the terminal baud rate to what it may be set to on the router.
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.