Options

CISSP Study Advice

Venom35Venom35 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Greetings All,

I am preparing for the CISSP, I am planning on taking the actual test in June. I will have lots of time off to study and I will be able to attending a bootcamp the week prior to the test. I plan to devote at least 3-4 hours a day to study the material. Any extra material suggested will be much appreciated.

Books I have been given
CISSP: Shon Harris
CISSP: Practice: Vallabhaneni S. Rao
CISSP: Gibson, Darril
CISSP for Dummies

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Eric Conrad's CISSP Study a Guide is another good resource. It was the only one I used.
  • Options
    Venom35Venom35 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How long did you study?
  • Options
    okpokp Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CISSP: Shon Harris

This is a great material - only one I used. DVD included with questions helped me a lot.

Study 2/3 hours a day and you'll get it - spent at least one one month before the exam on questions.

A 3 months prep should be good.
  • Options
    j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    broli720 wrote: »
    Eric Conrad's CISSP Study a Guide is another good resource. It was the only one I used.

+1 on the Conrad Book. I would also recommend the Conrad 11th Hour Study Guide, its good to read in the days leading up to the test.

For practice tests the cccure.org questions helped me out a lot. Many others have posted of their success with that practice engine.
  • Options
    bobloblawbobloblaw Member Posts: 228
    More than one quizzer. There's a few options, but get a different one to supplement the one with Shon's book.