Options

I passed 70-480

aswebdevaswebdev Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Thanks to Robert's thread and a couple of other online resources I used.

800/1000 was my score. I wanted a higher score but I had fallen really sick a day before the exam and I was just waiting to get out of the exam center as soon as possible. I finished the test with about 50 min left.

The test is relatively simple to pass if you have your javascript and jquery concepts clear. My lowest score was in CSS3 as I could hardly understand flexbox, regions, multi columns etc from the online resources. THe w3 site is too pedantic for me to understand. Sadly regions is not covered properly in any CSS3 book that I have come across either.

Comments

• Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Thanks guys...
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    One more thing I wanted to share was that I tried the CBT course for this exam:

CBT Nuggets - Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 70-480: Introduction to 70-480: Programming in HTML5 with JavaScript and CSS3

It was a complete waste of money as far as I'm concerned, the videos are too fast paced and I felt it was not hands on which you really need for this exam. He just pulls up a worked out example and goes through it hastily. There are 5 subjects (HTML5, CSS3, JS, Jquery) packed in 7 hours. I had trouble following the videos and got lost over and over again despite having experience in Js/Jquery. So I would much rather go through full length, detailed video tutorials or books on each subject and then read the links provided in robert's thread. I can't really emphasize how important it is to do this for Javascript especially. I guess you can pretty much decipher this by looking at the exam objectives and how many of them are JS or JS related.