Materials

Has anyone recently passed CCNA Voice?

If so, what did you use to study? Besides the OCG by Jeremy.

Thanks.

Comments

• SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    I've went through a lot of CCNA:V material over the last year. Just haven't had time to sit for the actually exam, maybe in 2014 though icon_smile.gif

When I was going through it, I used INE Videos and configuration guides from Cisco's site.

CiscoLive365.com also has a lot of good voice resources. They actually had one or two sessions for CCNA: V specifically, although anything outside those will be going well beyond CCNA: V level.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    I have only really been using the INE Voice streaming videos, though I did read the beginning of OCG for the intro to telephony part which was very good for someone completely new to voice. I am fortunate in the way that I have access to all different voice platforms, and am able to set up dummy / test users to mess with all functionality on the videos.

I'm not studying for the cert so much as just understanding for my job though, so maybe OCG does have some hidden gems for the actual exam that I have not yet needed.
  • sendalotsendalot Member Posts: 328
    INE is not a "Cisco Learning Partner," is that acceptable? Are CCIEs considered as CCSIs?
    I would grab the OCG for supplemental material and the test engine on the CD, but INE voice videos appear to line up pretty well with the CCNA Voice exam blueprint, and for voice I think videos are almost required. Lots of GUI navigation along with theory, which is surprisingly hard (for me) to remember than CLI commands.
    sendalot wrote: »
    INE is not a "Cisco Learning Partner," is that acceptable? Are CCIEs considered as CCSIs?

CCSI's are difference from CCIE's yes. INE's offers some of the best training, so the fact they are not a 'Cisco Learning Partner' is not a big deal. (INE just doesn't follow the training cirriculm set forth by Cisco) Unless you are trying to use some Cisco learning credits of course
    My Networking blog
  • sendalotsendalot Member Posts: 328
    I might check their Voice and Wireless content.
    Thanks.
    I believe the INE CCNA: Voice video class is free for anyone who registers so it's the right price.
    My Networking blog
  • ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    I passed Linux+ last Friday and couldn't WAIT to start on CCNA:Voice that Saturday. Here is my study plan that I'm currently engaged in:

* Finish reading 1 chapter every other day of OCG (first 4 chapter in first 4 days) for a total of 18 chapters...be done later this month.
    * INE videos. I'm currently on video #6
    * Lab (this is the hard part...let's keep it cheap). At work I've got a 2811 ISR to play with and I'm going to follow along with this: blindhog.net » How to build a voice lab with GNS3 and VMWare

I don't think you absolutely must have a real router, but there are a few technologies (MGCP?) that you cannot do with virtual gear. Better to focus on the stuff that CAN be done rather than the 3% that can't. The above should be enough to pass....agreed?

I'm going to sit for the voice exam in early February. Here's to hoping some of you will blaze along the path with me! icon_cheers.gif
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
    I am hoping to sit for this test in the next couple months, but I am so unsure of what level of knowledge I need for it, this is a whole different beast to me than studying for the CCNA. People seem to test for this exam very quickly (within 2-3 months of beginning) whereas it seems that it was usually about 6 months for most CCNA candidates.

I'm thinking I may start reading the OCG again just for the heck of it, but the INE videos are doing me very well, just moving onto video 10 as of this morning.
  • blatiniblatini Member Posts: 285
    SteveO86 wrote: »
    I believe the INE CCNA: Voice video class is free for anyone who registers so it's the right price.

Very awesome find. Thank you so much for this!
  • wgroomwgroom Member Posts: 147
    SteveO86 wrote: »

Words cannot express my gratitude to you for sharing this information! Another tool to add to the CCNA - V toolbox!
    Cisco VoIP Engineer I
    CCNA R&S COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Voice COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Collaboration [In Progress]