Options

Passed 70-412 Today!!

MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am officially a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate!! (or at least I will be once the website updates).

I actually found this exam to be a bit easier than I expected. I imagine because there was a bit more of the type of thing I do on a regular basis on it. Most of my administration was actually on Server 2008 but there was a decent amount of carry over that I just had to learn a bit more of the 2012 way of doing things (tools, powershell, etc). I was surprised that I had one question that was either repeated or very similar to another on my exam. Luckily, I thought it was a particularly easy question.

I used the Microsoft Press Training guide and did all or mostly all of the labs. This helped my a good bit because this test seemed to have more of the "click on the appropriate area on the screen" type question than my last couple of exams. I guess it was just luck of the draw but it helped me that I had done the labs. I also watched the videos on Pluralsight. Actually, I watched the videos first as it helps me get the information introduced before I deep dive. I also used TechNet of course to fill in gaps.
I did not (and I meant too) review the R2 information before I went in. I really lucked out that I didn't see anything that looked like R2 questions. That doesn't mean that it won't be added soon. It should be added sometime this month. It just wasn't there today.

Glad to have that one completed. I have been meaning to get my MCSA since 2003 but have never actually taken the tests. I am now on to the 70-413 and 70-414 for the MCSE infrastructure track.
Hope this information helps.

Comments

• Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Best of luck with the MCSE exams.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

Good luck with MCSE exams
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    Theegg911Theegg911 Member Posts: 124
    Congrats. Seems you are always 1 test ahead of me on these.
    Next Goal: Office 365 70-346 (Scheduled for 9/25)
  • Options
    SamMerlotteSamMerlotte Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I hope to follow suit next Saturday. This post inspires me to work through the labs in the book this weekend.
  • Options
    MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Asif - Thanks! I owe it partly to your work on the reference guides you posted. I use those often to help find the TechNet articles and resources I need.

Thegg - Thanks to you too! - The main thing is that you are always just behind and passing yourself. Keep up your own great work.

SamM - I am sure you will do great!

Everyone else - Thanks to you all as well for your encouragement and support. That is one of the main reasons I continue to refer others to this site!.