CCENT Pass Today!!!

10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

Passed CCENT today! I would like to thank the community for all the help. During my studies I posted needing help and everyone jumped on it, and a member even sent me some software to help me lab which was great.
Here is what I used to study if anyone is about to test

> Todd Lammle CCENT Study Guide
With it came a Sybex test engine, flash cards and his IOS Simulator; I used them all!
> CBT Nugget videos on areas or chapters that I found tricky.
> Tried GNS3 but didnt have any IOS's for them, luckily someone from the TechExams community gave me a valid copy of Packet Tracer.
> Skillport videos and some interactive class modules on there. (My company purchases a huge amount from SkillSoft every year, so I took advantage of its contents, but I feel everything else was of much further use) .
> And on top of it, TechExams practice tests, searched the forums, and asked questions that was probably the most encouraging part.

There you have it, square 1 to CCENT in 2 months exactly.
Thank you guys for all the help.
CCNP R&S, Security+
B.S. Geography - Business Minor
MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
Professional Certificate - IT Project Management

Comments

• RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Up next, CCIE. icon_lol.gif

Congrats!
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and best of luck with your next cert.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • 10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @ RouteMyPacket, lol... one step at a time, not all of us are networking heroes! Thank you everyone! Hope the list of things I used can help everyone find good study tools!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
  • wgroomwgroom Member Posts: 147
    Congratulations on the first step to a rewarding career.
    Cisco VoIP Engineer I
    CCNA R&S COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Voice COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Collaboration [In Progress]
  • jcarrillo26jcarrillo26 Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hello,

congrats on achieving the ccent, i am taking mine on friday. Yikes, really nervous, any suggestions? what to study more for and less for?
    can some share the logic with using acl, i understand that it is to permit or deny but can get how to add them and get confused with the in and out on the interface and the syntax of applying it.
    @ jcarrillo26 Its tricky to know exactly what to study for, I went to the CISCO website and printed off the test objectives, then just go over them and as you read it, anything you cant explain clearly to yourself, look it up in your book, and on to the next thing; till you are well versed in them. The other was reccomended by someone in another thread, know all sorts of show commands, why and when to use them. Good luck man!!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    Hello,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for hijacking your thread if i did. I pretty much have everything down except nat and acl. i get the overall logic of it but cant master the syntax. i have been reviewing some videos geared to the ccent and reading three different sources. i pretty much have everything down and ready for it.
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Congrats!
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
    Thanks Dieg0m!

@jcarrillo26, you didnt hijack it man, that was the focus, to show people what I used and you can go to other posts and see what others used and new guys like us can build a good collection of resources; because everyone learns in their own way so its cool to have several ways to go about it. You can go to the Sybex website, and download the Lammle IOS CCENT Simulator for free, or google it, it will let you do the basics, then just think about the port, something coming into it from a device, something leaving it, from that device to another place. In and Outbound. Then what they do. You got it dude.
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    hey 10Linefigure,

Thanks for the advice i am going to look into it.
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif

Carl
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
    Hello Everyone,

Today i failed my ccent exam but not by much 788 out of 804, a little disappointed but just needed a little bit of studying to do for the retake. I went into the testing center with much confidence even though i failed it wasnt a total loss and expected that i would fail. I got to get a feel of how the test is layed out and now i know what my strengths and weaknesses are. i am posting to give other people the confidence that do not give up and try and try again.
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • Magic JohnsonMagic Johnson Member Posts: 414
    Hello Everyone,

Today i failed my ccent exam but not by much 788 out of 804, a little disappointed but just needed a little bit of studying to do for the retake. I went into the testing center with much confidence even though i failed it wasnt a total loss and expected that i would fail. I got to get a feel of how the test is layed out and now i know what my strengths and weaknesses are. i am posting to give other people the confidence that do not give up and try and try again.

What were your weaknesses if you don't mind me asking?
  • tuliocostatuliocosta Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratz! Will be taking mines soon as well.
  • bull313bull313 Member Posts: 138
    Great job! Any plans on the CCNA yet?
    "Follow your dreams. You CAN reach your goals. I'm living proof. Beefcake! BeefCAAAAAAAKKKKE!!!"-Eric Cartman
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! :)
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
    Hey thanks guys! Yes, will start ICND 2 in April, right now (I know its going backwards) but I took up Net+ self study after CCENT, wanted to learn more about the cables, some wireless technologies. As expected its not enough to use it, but understand when and why it would be applicable and I want to be well rounded. May even do A+ in March, everyone needs the basics I think. :)

@jcarrillo26 - Hey man, sorry my reply to your PM is almost a week late, I hope you find some useful stuff in there. Keep us updated and ask the dudes around here for help.
    CCNP R&S, Security+
  • PCSPrestonPCSPreston Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 127
    Congratz. my 2014 goals are ICND2 and hopefully CCNA Security :) Good luck
  • sandipsingh21sandipsingh21 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulation on Passing Test... I am writing CCENT exam on 15th jan 2014,,, so NERVOUS ryt now.
    Can anyone tell me Whats the area to Focus on?
    Marks Distribution or something like that.
    gracias mucho appreciado
  • sandipsingh21sandipsingh21 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    aww,, sorry to hear that. am taking the test on this 15th ,,, am so nervous. can u tell me what area to focus,, ll b a great help if i knw wht to expect in a exam. thnx