study blogs - how to get started?

BloodSweatPingsBloodSweatPings Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have seen lots of blogs which people used for their studies, can someone point me in the right direction. I want to start my own blog for my CCNP and other studies

Comments

• ExpectExpect Member Posts: 252 ■■■■□□□□□□
    you can use one of the free blog providers if you don't want to host one yourself
    if you want to host one yourself you can:
    1. purchase a domain you want (blog.domain.com) through godaddy or another domain registration sites
    2. purchase a VPS server and point the DNS records to it ( I can recommend linode here)
    3. install wordpress / another blog platform on it, there are many guides on the web
  • kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    I use blogger for mine, Was very, very easy to setup.
    1.Logged in with my gmail account to blogger.com (as it is a google provided blog)
    2.Clicked "New Blog"
    3. Selected Theme
    4. start posting.

I then purchased/set up with crazydomains (Australia) my domain "www.readysetvirtual.com"
    Added my blog site into the redirection - CNAME and AAA/TXT Records (keep their Name Servers - played with mine too much)
    Add your domain to the bloggers advanced settings and just wait for it to eventually refresh and set.
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
  • BloodSweatPingsBloodSweatPings Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Expect wrote: »
    you can use one of the free blog providers if you don't want to host one yourself
    if you want to host one yourself you can:
    1. purchase a domain you want (blog.domain.com) through godaddy or another domain registration sites
    2. purchase a VPS server and point the DNS records to it ( I can recommend linode here)
    3. install wordpress / another blog platform on it, there are many guides on the web

thanks, i think i will stick to the free one as time is an issue.
  • BloodSweatPingsBloodSweatPings Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    kj0 wrote: »
    I use blogger for mine, Was very, very easy to setup.
    1.Logged in with my gmail account to blogger.com (as it is a google provided blog)
    2.Clicked "New Blog"
    3. Selected Theme
    4. start posting.

I then purchased/set up with crazydomains (Australia) my domain "www.readysetvirtual.com"
    Added my blog site into the redirection - CNAME and AAA/TXT Records (keep their Name Servers - played with mine too much)
    Add your domain to the bloggers advanced settings and just wait for it to eventually refresh and set.

Thanks, this is the best option for me. just the guidance i needed
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    When I didn't want to spend any money I setup a LAMP / WAMP server on my local PC

apache friends - XAMPP

And installed Wordpress

Once I was able to spend the money, I bought a domain and did the same publicly .. Although I usually leave the blog closed until I am "done" ...
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you're really feeling frisky, you can use wordpress.com and googles blogger, post to wordpress and have it automagically posted to blogger. Set up an if-this-then-that (ifttt.com) account and use a recipe to copy whatever gets posted in wordpress gets posted in blogger. No real purpose served here, but it's fun!