Options

WGU CNSS 4011 and 4012 Certificate

tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
I got my diploma in the mail last week for my Masters degree (took longer than it should have) and along with the degree was a certificate that said I completed the requirements for CNSS 4011 and 4012. Dumb question but is it just a fancy acknowledgement from WGU? Does the document mean much else besides that?

I read up on the CNSS 4011 and 4012 requirements and I saw this from Cisco (I need to check WGU's site also)

CNSS 4011 Recognition - IT Certifications and Career Paths - Cisco Systems
This formal NSA and CNSS certification gives Cisco the authority to recognize those candidates who have demonstrated that they have met the CNSS 4011 training standard.

Candidates who have met the standard will be issued a letter of recognition acknowledging their completion of the recommended training requirements. This letter of recognition can be used as confirmation of having met the CNSS 4011 requirements.

So I am thinking the certification is just an acknowledgement "from WGU" that I completed training that fulfills the CNSS 4011 requirements but not something that is "from CNSS"? I was just curious if I should or how I would put this down on a resume or LinkedIn.

Comments