Options

Passed Security+ with help from Darril Gibson's book.

Cisc0kiddCisc0kidd Member Posts: 250
I passed this cert on December 30th. The book was a very easy read and well done. It was my only prep for the test which likely was not the best plan. I passed with an 801and my guess until the end was I failed it. I had 5 simulation questions I was not expecting at all. And, I am sure I got parts of all 5 wrong. I also felt some of the material wasn't in the book. Bottom line if I was doing it over again I would use the same book but do additional work.

Comments

• Options
    dpsmooth15dpsmooth15 Banned Posts: 155
    Congratulations! Today, I woke up studied some more and went and passed the Security+ also. On the CompTIA and also the forums it states the simulations are a part of the exam not including all over the internet, its unfortunate.. that 801 could of been a lot higher. In all honesty……..these forums have a WEALTH of information regarding the Security+ exam and the what you should know to pass. I have spend ALOT of time reading Security+ threads…which came to be some ..what beneficial. I wish you the best in what cert./s are in the future
  • Options
    PCSPrestonPCSPreston Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 127
    Congratz. My goals for 2014 are ICND2 and CCNA Security. I may get Security + out of the way also though.
  • Options
    proph21proph21 Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats ! I'm reading through the book now and am going to go through threads/material on this site when I am done before taking the test. Even though I have a deep understanding of 95% of the material, I'm still being careful since I may literally be the worst test taker... ever.
  • Options
    bull313bull313 Member Posts: 138
    Congrats! I have that book on order. It's comforting to know someone found that book helpful.
    "Follow your dreams. You CAN reach your goals. I'm living proof. Beefcake! BeefCAAAAAAAKKKKE!!!"-Eric Cartman
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations on the pass Cisc0kidd.

I'm not surprised you saw some topics that weren't in the book. CompTIA is beta testing a lot of SY0-401 questions in the SY0-301 exam. Because of this, many people see questions from the SY0-401 objectives that aren't in the SY0-301 objectives. The good news is that these questions aren't graded for your score.

Good luck withyour next adventure.