Options

Looking to Study for CISA - Looking for Advise where to start

sachin_kslsachin_ksl Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys

I am an IT analyst and would like to move towards Information Security Management Roles.

I dont have specific exp in Security roles, only where I am involved for security design on the projects that I work on which are mostly related to B2B file transafers.

I would like to know if CISA is a good starting point for me to move into Security Management and auditing.

Is there any pre-requisites there before you should start preparing for CISA.
I was also thinking to start studying Security+ , but not sure where to start.

Any help / advise appricated. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    RaystafarianRaystafarian Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CISA is focused heavily on the audit methodology. Your experience is mostly in what? Data? Reporting?
    Hit me up on LinkedIn - just mention you're from techexams.
  • Options
    wikigetwikiget Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Generally, Security+ is the best starting point.

CISA has experence requirements. If you want to go for it, I'd recommend checking the requirements and see if you meet the requirements first.
    "Once upon a time, disks were floppy, administrators were electricians and computers were louder then jets. Then it all got complicated." -Anon

Life of a Network Security Manager: http://imgur.com/kKvmgjj
  • Options
    sachin_kslsachin_ksl Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am working on Intergration product which involves monitoring and reporting if the data has been delivered to thrid party or not.

I checked the requirements , I will 5 yrs to get the certification, plus I think I can get few exemptions with my experience( degree / job ).

I need to know if CISA is worth to do to progress your carrirer towards information security or Should I go for Secuerity+ and then CISSP
  • Options
    wikigetwikiget Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CISA is the cert specifically for auditing, however the cert and material can be daunting eithout a foundation of knowledge in basic infosec.

I recommend to everyone that they should at least read a Security+ book before any advanced securty cert.

Based on your focus, I'd say your cert path would be securty+, cisa, cism.
    "Once upon a time, disks were floppy, administrators were electricians and computers were louder then jets. Then it all got complicated." -Anon

Life of a Network Security Manager: http://imgur.com/kKvmgjj