Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Infrastructure-as-a-Service - Class Review

I just enrolled in the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Infrastructure-as-a-Service class and am done with Day 1.

The course is based on the Grizzly version of Openstack renamed to Redhat Openstack ( Similar to RDO ).

Its a 3 day course. Day 1 including the definitions of Openstack and the various services it binds within itself. Redhat has done a good job by introducing a management or ease of installation tool called Packstack which makes it easy to install and customize.

Command line begins tomorrow. Today was just installation of the OpenStack Platform , setting up the network , storage , allocating Floating IP Addresses and finally firing up an instance.

I have always been a fan of OpenStack and this course I expect to be able to build a test environment and try using this as a solution next time I get a chance.

More to come !

Course the way I see it is not very difficult and I hope the exam is not too difficult either. Course ends on the 14th and the exam is scheduled on the 21st.

I also have the GIAC Security Essentials paper on the 17th which is now going to be cumbersome as I have also started the VMware VCP Class from Stanley CC which starts on the 15th !

Busy week and a very busy month ahead !

Any queries about the course and I would be gladly respond ! Get in touch !

Cheers

Chanakya
Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

Comments