Options

Suggestion/s For Network+ Forum

NeobornNeoborn Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have been a member of this forum / site for a long time, I think even before I joined I was reading. This place is seriously awesome and keeps getting better ( in ways ) with age.

I would like to make a suggestion or two. I have found that the forums should be more of a question / answer / knowledge base type place rather than a "I've Passed" message board. I find that even though it's awesome people come here and post that they have passed after studying etc it is taking up alot of space and I have to search and search to find posts of worthy content. This is in no way a dig at people posting "I've passed".

1. Make a "I've Passed" sticky where all people passing can go there to post their message. This way we can keep the forum for questions / answers / knowledge that will be easy to find instead of searching 20 pages of "I've passed" for 1 page of questions / answers

2. Make a "Study Material / Habits - What you used to pass the test" sticky to have a top ten / twenty list of study materials used, top ten / twenty study habits, top ten subjects / majority of hard areas of test / questions.

By making these two sticky's we could consolidate some good knowledge information and clean up the forums. We could also create these sticky's in each forum.
"I know you think that I know I understand what you said, but I am not sure that what I understood is what you thought."

Comments

• Options
    dagger1xdagger1x Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    While I see the point and think it would be a good idea I also like the way things are. IMO a person who works hard to get a certification deserves to pat themselves on the back with a post that distinguishses them from other people who have also passed. I also think they might be more inclined to elaborate on materials, study habits and and areas of the test focused on.
  • Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    Coming from a person who has been here a long time and had 14 posts... ??? I would suggest you help mold the forums by contributing. It seems like you are seeking to streamline your searches and the passing posts only take up your time. This is a community based on giving and sharing.

I think people should post they passed and what they saw. I usually look at those posts right before I write an exam and ask the person questions if I have any.

Regardless, even if this forums is only patting someone on the back, atleast you know who to ask for advice.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • Options
    NeobornNeoborn Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Trailerisf wrote:
    Coming from a person who has been here a long time and had 14 posts... ???

What exactly is your point?
    Trailerisf wrote:
    I would suggest you help mold the forums by contributing.

I would love to help and contribute but sadly there are very few questions here or posts that need contributing. I"m definately not going to waste my time sitting here saying "Good Job" to a thousand and one posters that have only posted to say "I've passed" what a waste of a potentially helpful forum.
    "I know you think that I know I understand what you said, but I am not sure that what I understood is what you thought."