Options

Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Infrastructure-as-a-Service - Class Review

I just enrolled in the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Infrastructure-as-a-Service class and am done with Day 1.

The course is based on the Grizzly version of Openstack renamed to Redhat Openstack ( Similar to RDO ).

Its a 3 day course. Day 1 including the definitions of Openstack and the various services it binds within itself. Redhat has done a good job by introducing a management or ease of installation tool called Packstack which makes it easy to install and customize.

Command line begins tomorrow. Today was just installation of the OpenStack Platform , setting up the network , storage , allocating Floating IP Addresses and finally firing up an instance.

I have always been a fan of OpenStack and this course I expect to be able to build a test environment and try using this as a solution next time I get a chance.

More to come !

Course the way I see it is not very difficult and I hope the exam is not too difficult either. Course ends on the 14th and the exam is scheduled on the 21st.

I also have the GIAC Security Essentials paper on the 17th which is now going to be cumbersome as I have also started the VMware VCP Class from Stanley CC which starts on the 15th !

Busy week and a very busy month ahead !

Any queries about the course and I would be gladly respond ! Get in touch !

Cheers

Chanakya
Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

Comments

• Options
    brombulecbrombulec Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi Adarsh
    Could you post the course Table Of Contents?

Good luck on your exams.

--
    Regards
    Piotr
  • Options
    chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Day 2 & Day 3

These days were doing what we did on Day1

Day 1 uses packstack as a package to install and configure basic functions of OpenStack.

Day 2 and Day 3 individually configures each of the 9 services of Opensack via command line and also shows various functions via command line.

Exam scheduled on the 21st !

Cheers
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]

• Options
    chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Table of Contents :

Redhat Openstack Architecture
    Redhat Openstack Installation
    Message Broker
    Identity Service
    Object Storage Service
    Image Service
    Block Storage Service
    Networking Service
    Compute and Controller Services
    Additional Computer Node
    Orchestration Service
    Metering Service
    Future Direction of Redhat Openstack
    Comprehensive Review

• Options
    brombulecbrombulec Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you very much.

--
    Regards
    Piotr