Options

Studying Tips for A+ Rewrite

Nellis2014Nellis2014 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

Having now over a year of IT work experience, I have decided to retake my A+ exam in May. When I first wrote the exams for the first time in September 2013, I wasn't expecting the performance based questions (which is why I scored only a 589/675 on the 801 and a 567/700 on the 802 exams). My question is that what else should I consider using for studying resources? Right now, I am using Mike Meyers AIO 8th Edition book, and the CompTIA Authorized Cert Guide, 3rd Edition (Prowse). I am planning on buying Mike Meyers Premium Edition book when it is released at the end of March, as it will include simulation questions and some videos. Also, does anyone else take notes while they study just to help with memorization of key concepts?

I appreciate any feedback that may assist me.

Thanks. :)
Active Certifications: MTA: Windows Operating Systems Fundamentals
Certifications in Progress: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Strata Fundamentals
Future Certifications: CompTIA Network+, MSCE, CompTIA Server+
Future Distinctions: B.S. Information Technology Degree (WGU)

Comments

• Options
    Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    Professor Messer offers free videos on his website for A+,N+,Security+ & Linux+ so may be worth a look...?
  • Options
    Nellis2014Nellis2014 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cool. Just checked out his site. Will make use of it during my studies for the rewrite. Thanks for the suggestion Alex90.
    Active Certifications: MTA: Windows Operating Systems Fundamentals
    Certifications in Progress: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Strata Fundamentals
    Future Certifications: CompTIA Network+, MSCE, CompTIA Server+
    Future Distinctions: B.S. Information Technology Degree (WGU)
  • Options
    JaneDoeJaneDoe Member Posts: 171
    Take notes on flash cards and quiz yourself regularly. You'll be surprised how many seemingly inconsequential and/or hard to remember details you'll see on the exam. Those details will be the difference between a pass and a fail.