Sharing Drive - Problem

vistalavistavistalavista Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm trying to share my C drive on server 2003 but I don't have a sharing tab and there is no Sharing & Security button when I right click on the C drive. I have made sure that File & Printer Sharing wizard is enabled. Does anyone a possible cause or solution to this problem?

Comments

• Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Hmm...I remember reading about this, but I'm not quite sure, I believe this had something to do with Simple File sharing....or was that only XP?? Sorry, wish I could be of more help...
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Are you logged in as someone with permission to view/administer those items?

NTFS partition? (that would explain lack of security tab)
    File & Print Sharing enabled on the interface (check the interface itself, I don't always trust wizards) That would explain lack of sharing tab but not lack of security tab.

From cursory examination, simple file sharing does't seem to exist on 2003. It is a potential issue for XP though.
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If file and print sharing is not enabled there will be no sharing tab.

From memory if the service is turned on in TCP/IP settings then there should be some sort of info on the properties tab - once you enable that the sharing tab should be available.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007