Passed 298 today!

solo79solo79 Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
Ok my journey has been very quick and tiring to say the least, but I have my initials MCSE!!!!!!! End of the week one left 285 this looks like a bear, not sure I am ready but only have mid June... Back to the books, for now.... I have read so much that my head hurts. icon_eek.gif
Finally ALL Done!!!!!!! MCSE:Messaging - Task Complete

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

It looks like June 7th was a good day for MCSEs!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    Well done. What are you going to do on Weekends from now on?? Won't be the same not reading MS books!
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude - BIG ups to you........... you did it bowing.gifbowing.gif
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • solo79solo79 Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    SWM wrote:
    Well done. What are you going to do on Weekends from now on?? Won't be the same not reading MS books!

Well, now I can get to cleaning the house, and catching up on my sleep.

Oh yeah, I also have to pay some attention to my 2 dogs, 4 cats & 1 husband that have been neglected. icon_lol.gif

I will be so glad not to have to read for a while... I used to love to read, now as long as the book isn't blue and have Microsoft in the title I will be elated.
  • K_amisiK_amisi Inactive Imported Users Posts: 131
    bowing.gif u SOB!! you made it..........you took the run and didn't even break a sweat. Too be honest Solo i'm jealous...literally green.

Congratz madam.
    It is essential that justice be done, and it is equally vital that justice not be confused with revenge, for the two are wholly different."
    K_amisi wrote:
    bowing.gif u SOB!! you made it..........you took the run and didn't even break a sweat. Too be honest Solo i'm jealous...literally green.

Congratz madam.

Thanks!!!!!I appreciate the compliment. I wouldn't want to go through it again this way, that's for sure. I think maybe without a sweat, but definately with a huge headache... Whew!

It has helped having people here that are going thru the same thing, egging you on and celebrating the successes, and picking you up on the failures. Thanks Everyone!!!!
    Solo hmmmmz u better take some time off for drunken_smilie.gif , meanwhile i still have a couple more exam before i finnish, my gal has been complaining that i love the servers more than her...

too bad, i guess thats life...how do you ppl cope.
    It is essential that justice be done, and it is equally vital that justice not be confused with revenge, for the two are wholly different."
    K_amisi wrote:
    Solo hmmmmz u better take some time off for drunken_smilie.gif , meanwhile i still have a couple more exam before i finnish, my gal has been complaining that i love the servers more than her...

too bad, i guess thats life...how do you ppl cope.

Well my husband can't complain, I got a huge salary jump when I moved companies to get the cert... He's liking the bank account.

Truthfully, it actually gave me something to focus on as he is an avid gamer at night. Many nights I have nothing to do while he is gaming..... We are both IT junkies, and have similar jobs. I just thought he may be a little more inclined to learn it with me, but he didn't want to get in my way...(more like it gave him more time to game). icon_rolleyes.gif
    I wish i was in your shoes...can't say much 4 mine....can't live with her, but i also can't live without her.

but you have to admit...MCSE is kinda addictive, what did you feel when you got the

"congratulations you have achieved the neccesary......to be MCP"

Must have been a rush of blood to the head, can't wait....
    K_amisi

The first MCP test I took was 70-271 and in july of 05. I was so excited to finally have something...

Then, I started the MCSE Track, and the first test I bombed 290, was so stressed that I failed. Then I took 270 realized I should have taken this one before 290. It helped in reprep for 290. Finally passed 290, i was so excited..... After I passed 3 tests the excitement diminished a little (due to the stress of getting all tests passed). My friends were more excited when I passed than I was. All I could think is back to studying, configuring, stressing over the next one.

Yesterday's test was the wow I did it feeling, even though I still have one test for my final goal: MCSE:Messaging. Yes it was a great feeling.

The minutes that it takes on the test between the comments and the score I relate to the worst 3 minutes of my life... Waiting and thinking did I answer that right or not... It's by far the worst thing of the testing/studying.

Well, maybe your GF will see the light in how important this is for you and your career. (Of course if she is like most of the girls/women I know... probably not but you can hope).

How many do you have left to go for MCSE? How long have you given yourself? Good Luck in your track. :)
    Wot an interesting thing to say abt women.....being that u r 1 icon_lol.gif . Hehehe

I've got three exams left:

-294 half way thru book.
    -298 or 297
    -299 finnished reading i'm prepping for this.

i'm seeing myself finnishing all of this in around 1 1/2 months, then its off to the RHCE band wagon then CISSP , cisco looks interesting...but i'm satisfied with my CCNA
  • OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    Congrats on the pass.
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    Its amazing how much I agree with you.
    I wonder how many people actually give MS comments during their exams? With me once I have answered the last question all I want is the result. The wait is horrible (has it locked up, I dont want to do it again, another $xxx down the drain) etc
    I also find as soon as I pass an exam I'm thinking about the next one, so don't really get to excited anymore, guess like you it will be a relief at the end

Well done to you, :D Its nice to know that there are women out there in the IT world. I don't come across that many here in Australia. Its a male dominated industry here.
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!
  • TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    I actually brought my next set of books with me to read while I was waiting to write my exam.

I skipped as much of the MS stuff as I could during the exam.

I've tried to keep pace with K amisi but I am failing back miserably. Already 1 exam behind.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
    Trailersf trying to keep up with me....flattered..hehehe but i see you have your MCSA:Messaging crap i don't have that yet though i'm ready to do the Security+,70-299 any moment, wait for my success thread in a couple of weeks for both the exams....i'm half way thru the 294 book (mspress administering group policy).

I find that after doing atleast three MS papers..then you don't have a problem tackling the rest...depend with what you've actually done.

hehehe i thought i was the only one keeping track of my progress by comparing...i'm using Omni as a pacemaker...hehehehe.
  • TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    I had time to kill between clients today so I went to chapters to check out the 70-298 sybex book...

Flipped through the pages to the end of chapter exams... did the first 5 chapters and got 80% of the questions right without even looking at the content of the book...

Totally seems like a re-hash of old content. If they extend the 24FREE I may just go write it without studying....
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
    SWM wrote:

Well done to you, :D Its nice to know that there are women out there in the IT world. I don't come across that many here in Australia. Its a male dominated industry here.

Honestly, here in the US it's rather slim too. When I walked into the test center for the first few times, they thought I was taking another kind of test. They kept trying to find my name under teaching, accounting etc... When they would finally find it under the IT they seemed kinda shocked. I am fairly used to it though.
  • techster79techster79 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Solo,

Are you talking about the New Horizons in B'ham, AL? I have been up there to take my 291, 293, and 294. If I had a choice I'd go to the VUE center around Montgomery. The "workers" at that test center are really unprofessional. They like to seat the hottest girls(usually taking some kind of teacher/educational exam) at certain seats to be able to see them from the glass and not just the monitor. I can picture those guys being surprised you sat for a MS exam. They are probably jealous of your brain power.
    Studying for MCSE: Server Infrastructure (70-414 left)