JNCIA-Junos Passed

The IT GuyThe IT Guy Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just came back from the testing center with a passicon_cheers.gif. The exam is was pretty well laid out as far as testing on content. My score suffered a bit because I lack absolute mastery in the Junos OS environment, but I have the fundamentals down now. I can now move on to the JNCIS-SEC as I will be maintaining some Juniper FW/VPN appliances in the near future.

I used the Juniper recommended fast track guide to prep for the exam. I already have a solid background in Cisco and in networking in general so it only took about 3 weeks start to finish. The two free fast track PDF's is all you really need for reading materials. I read these twice and took notes in key areas. I then used some of the Juniper provided Day One guides (Junos4IOS Engineers) to get started on the GNS3 labs that helped me get familiar with the Junos environment. It was nice to lab it all up and peer Juniper with cisco devices. This helped highlight some of the differences between Junos OS and Cisco IOS and also how they behave together.

All of the reading materials were free and provided by Juniper (Fast Track JNCIA-Junos study guides and DayOne PDF's). I also used GNS3 for the Juniper labs. I took the Juniper pre-assessment exam to get the 50% discounted voucher, so my only out of pocket expense was $50 for the exam.

Comments