Passed Network+

jamarchitectjamarchitect Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed the Network+ exam yesterday. I want to thank the people on this website who replied to my posts. Without your help, the task would haven been more difficult.

Comments

• CertinatorCertinator Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • jamarchitectjamarchitect Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • 10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!!

Any advice?
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • bull313bull313 Member Posts: 138
    Nice job! What's up next for you?
    "Follow your dreams. You CAN reach your goals. I'm living proof. Beefcake! BeefCAAAAAAAKKKKE!!!"-Eric Cartman
    I'm not exactly sure. I think CompTIA has a lot to offer, and so do proprietor certs. I figured I'd do a little exploring and research over the next few days before starting in on anything else. I see you have a few certs yourself!

I'll be looking through what employers are looking for, but I think I'll probably do a few more CompTIA certs before the end of the day.
  • LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!

CompTIA certs are vendor neutral, as you will often read. Some argue that the ROI on CompTIA certs are not comparable to Vendor certs (Cisco, Microsoft, etc)

I believe that CompTIA's A+ is invaluable for starting out, and so is Net+. It leaves avenues to travel and explore, not to mention getting your first job or a better job.

And that will lead you down the path to Vendor certs.

What are your long term goals?
    Kindly doing the needful
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations.
    Nice job.
  • beaucaldwellbeaucaldwell Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats! N+ is next for me. How were the new performance based questions? Did they give any additional time to the test since adding these?
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone. To answer a few questions...I'm not sue what my future plans are yet. Still trying to figure that one out.

The performance based questions threw me for a loop at first. This was my first cert, and I wasn't expecting it. So I kind of went into panic mode when I saw them. I marked each one for review, and completed the other questions. Then went back and used the 14 minutes remaining to think slowly, and apply what I'd learned. There was no extra time given for these questions that I know of.

It was a good experience, because now I know what to expect when I test again!

Also, the transcender practice tests are a walk in the park compared to the real deal. There are very few hints on the questions for the real exam. You either know it, or you guess and gulp. icon_biggrin.gif
  • coralreefguycoralreefguy Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on a job well done! Keep up the good work. If networking truly interests you I suggest giving a shot at the Cisco CCENT (ICND-1) exam!
    System Administrator / DevOps guy

2015 passed: CCNA R/S, CCNA Sec, Project+, VCP5-DCV
    2016 goals: MCSE Server 2012; continue to use/learn more Chef w/Ruby and Powershell on Azure