• Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    CCIE R&S # and CCDP
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • xirtlookxirtlook Member Posts: 124
    [1] CCDA (January)
    [2] CEH (February)
    [3] GCIH (May)
    [4] CISSP (August)
    [5] CCNA DataCenter and/or CCNP Route (Fall/Winter)
    nerd power.
  • Chris O'SullivanChris O'Sullivan Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    2014 Targets are:

1 more exam for MCSE 2012 (January)
    CCNA
    and then look into VMWare certs
  • 101010101010 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    End of 2013

- SPSE

- OSCP
    - CEH
    - RHCSA/LPIC or MCSA
    2017 Goals:
    [x] GCIH

"Well if you're going to have delusions of grandeur, may as well go for the really satisfying ones." - Marcus, Babylon 5
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @101010: WOW! That's quite a challenging list you have there. Good luck! :)
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hopefully I'll get the CCIE written out of the way before 2013 ends, then work on the lab throughout 2014.

Should that end well, either CCDA/CCDP or CCNP:Security most likely.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • xagreusxagreus Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm shooting for CCENT in Feb. then CCNA by May. Hopefully CWNA during the second half of the year.

Here's some food for thought:
    18 Hot IT Certifications for 2014

(apologies if the link is old news)
    A+, Net+, Sec+, CySA+, CCNA, ITIL 2011 Foundation, AWS CCP, ISC2 CC, MS SC-900, MS AZ-900
    2024 goals: AZ-900, Cloud+, Palo Alto PCNSA, CyberOps Associate, DevNet Associate, Project+
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Xagreus - That's a decent list actually. Rep +1
  • 101010101010 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @101010: WOW! That's quite a challenging list you have there. Good luck! :)

Thanks. :)

The SPSE, OSCP and CEH are my primary goals.

With the holidays I think my SPSE studies will take me into January. Then I'll jump right into the OSCP with a deadline of May, roll on through the CEH in June/July.

I'll then have to figure out which of the RHCSA/LPIC/MCSA to pursue. I am currently leaning towards LPIC, due to it being focused on Linux as a whole and not a specific distro. Not to mention with their partnership programs the LPIC-1 will also net me the Linux+ and SUSE Certified Linux Administrator certs.
    2017 Goals:
    [x] GCIH

"Well if you're going to have delusions of grandeur, may as well go for the really satisfying ones." - Marcus, Babylon 5
  • GreenHornetGreenHornet Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've been reading CCNP Switch and watching videos off an on for at least 2 1/2 months and reading books on IDS / IPS, sprinkled in with CISSP. My goal for 2014 is to complete CCNP and then tackle CISSP.

January 2014 -March 2014-- Finish reading CISSP and write in late March or early April
    June 2014 --CCNP / Switch
    July 2014 --CCNP / Route
  • tayro12tayro12 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For 2014 I plan to take up the following.

Linux+
    CCNP R&S

Then look if my search for a new job will pay off then decide if the work requires Security/Voice/Wireless technology.
  • slavetothesoundslavetothesound Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Picked up my Security+ last week
    Just reading an MTA Server Admin (98-365) book and will take that soon.
    Starting online CCNA classes through Stanly CC today.
    On the waiting list for the VCP class at Stanly for this summer.
    Before that I plan on studying for the 74-409 Hyper-V exam that Microsoft was giving away vouchers for.

I just got my first IT job in December and the hours are pretty slow so far, so maybe I'll have time to add an MCSA as well.
  • broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Changed my mind. Might go for my CCNP.
  • Eston21Eston21 Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My plans for the year are A+, CISSP, & CCNA.
  • sanrussanrus Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't know where I will be a the end of the year, but I am working in this sequence.
    1. MCSA: 2012
    2. CCNA
    3. MCSE: 2012
    4. CCNP
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Looks like my year has been a bit rearranged by work. Here's what I'm going for now:
    CCDA - Done as of a week ago
    CCDP
    CCNP Data Center

And I'll try to squeeze whatever I can of the CCNP Security in there as well but who knows...
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • bull313bull313 Member Posts: 138
    Iris, don't forget that the current CCNP Security track is retiring in April 2014.

I'm simply looking to bang out my CompTIA A+, Net+ and Sec+. Maybe add the CCENT and CCNA Sec. Only working part time I really have no excuse not to! As I now have plenty of time to icon_study.gif
    "Follow your dreams. You CAN reach your goals. I'm living proof. Beefcake! BeefCAAAAAAAKKKKE!!!"-Eric Cartman
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I know it is which I don't mind. I was looking through the exam materials and the new exams look a lot more relevant to the field than the old ones so I'm not going to rush to get the old exams done. Heck... I could probably sit the SISAS in the next month or two just based on all the ISE work I'm doing. It might be fun to give it a shot and I probably will just to knock out one exam while ISE is EXTREMELY fresh in my mind but I'll definitely be focusing on DC this year.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    CCIE SP or JNCIE SP I suppose. Ran out of professional level stuff to procrastinate with!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • coralreefguycoralreefguy Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ivanjam wrote: »
    @coralreefguy - my plans for 2014 seem to follow a similar path to yours:

70-685 - January, 2014
    70-680 - March, 2014
    70-642 - May, 2014
    70-640 - July, 2014
    70-646 - September, 2014

Just keep studying! It is easy to get discouraged. I beat my 70-680 and decided to continue studying hard. I'm already ahead of my schedule and hope to pass my 70-685 tomorrow, giving me MCSA a month ahead of schedule. I managed to find new employment starting in February so I want to focus on that for a month or two before worrying too much about certs. I'll jump back into the studying game probably in April.

Good luck :)
    System Administrator / DevOps guy

2015 passed: CCNA R/S, CCNA Sec, Project+, VCP5-DCV
    2016 goals: MCSE Server 2012; continue to use/learn more Chef w/Ruby and Powershell on Azure
  • beaucaldwellbeaucaldwell Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    1) A+
    2) N+
    3) S+
    4) Linux +
    5) CCENT/CCNA

I've been doing site-support at an enterprise level for 6 years so the A+ for me is something I should have done long ago when they offered it for-life still but oh well. I bought the exam cram for this one and have read it already, and am doing the practice questions daily; for the most part is just filling in gaps in what I already know.

After researching on here and other tech forums I've decided to do N+ BEFORE my 2-step CCNA (ICND1/ICND2) to get a basic vendor neutral understanding of networking before diving into CISCO stuff.

I think I want to get into security so the S+ is first up on that list, just not sure if I should do the S+ BEFORE or AFTER ccent/ccna and if I should do Linux+ prior to S+/CCNA... advice on that would be greatly appreciated :) cheers
  • Nellis2014Nellis2014 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    1) A+
    2) Network+

Might try to squeeze in Server+.
    Active Certifications: MTA: Windows Operating Systems Fundamentals
    Certifications in Progress: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Strata Fundamentals
    Future Certifications: CompTIA Network+, MSCE, CompTIA Server+
    Future Distinctions: B.S. Information Technology Degree (WGU)
  • jabneyjabney Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Eston21 wrote: »
    My plans for the year are A+, CISSP, & CCNA.
    I'm thinking A+ isn't worth your time and money. I'd focus on cissp and ccna.
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    October - CCIE R&S Lab
    November - CCDP

Beyond this I have a number of certifications I would like to add to my collection: -

CCIE #2 (I'd like to be doing Voice), VCP, MCSE 2012, Cloud related stuff, and who knows what else...
  • zepol87zepol87 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just starting my certifications. Hoping for ICND1, ICND2, JNCIA, after that I am still up in the air.
    We have projects coming up that are using Juniper only. Would you guys recommend trying to complete that cert before the ICND2 or would it be better to finish the CCNA then move to JNCIA?
  • TylerBarrettTylerBarrett Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    2014 Goal

70-410 => May
    70-411 => July
    70-412 => August
    70-413 => October
    70-414 => December

Hopefully I can punch out the MCSE: Server Infrastructure this year. Lots of exams in 11 months so we'll see how they go.
  • mrkdiskmrkdisk Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CISSP hopefully by Spring
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    CCNA Voice, CCNA Security, CCNP R:S, begin CCNP V
  • MCP2000MCP2000 Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    MCTS: Administering Office 365 by April 1, 2014
    MCITP: SharePoint Administrator by July 14, 2014
    MCSA: Windows Server 2012 by August 2014
    MCSA: Office 365 by October 2014
    MCSE: Private Cloud by December 2014
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This is the year I need to get up and out of my several year long rut I've been in since my divorce. No more excuses, no more loss of motivation and no more complacency as I sit back watching my peers advance while I remain in about the same place I've been for the past 7 years.

I'm on the wait list for the Stanly CC vSphere course, I took the 4.x version of the ICM course back a couple years ago at a local community college and booked my exam and I was in pretty bad shape at that time and it completely slipped my mind. That one dealt me a significant blow and cash was tight and I couldn't afford to pay for another exam before it retired. This time I'm going to knock that one out for sure.

I may or may not take the EMC/NetApp course at the Dallas County Community College, that one ultimately depends on if my employer is willing to fit the bill or not. If I do, I'll at least sit the EMC exam as I have migrated our vSphere environment from local storage to shared storage using EMC hardware last year.

The big one on my list is going to be MCSE: Server Infrastructure. I work in a very strange environment, one where as of yet we still have not been fully leveraging AD throughout our organization of over 50 offices and 1500 users. It's a management nightmare and one I've been pushing to try and solve the entire time I've been here. It's also my largest stumbling block when I gear up to looking at a job change because while I've worked a little bit with AD, I know so little at the same time. So I'm going to get these exams out of the way while simultaneously making sure this is the year I get my boss onboard and we roll out AD.

I hope to have the VCP5-DCV and MCSE: Server Infrastructure nailed by the years end. After that it's not a focus on more certs but a focus on a new job with upward growth.