Options

Opinions on the best practice testing software for the 70-410 exam?

unfbilly11unfbilly11 Member Posts: 100 ■■□□□□□□□□
Transcender, MeasureUp, Kaplan exams, some other one...? If you could only purchase 1 of these, which would it be? They are all right around the same price so don't take that into account.

Which one most closely resembles what's on the exam?

Comments

• Options
    bull313bull313 Member Posts: 138
    Granted, I've been out of the loop for a long time, but I used Transcender for all my passes (A+, MCP). I found it much better than MeasureUp, but maybe some of the younger members can give you more recent feedback! :)
    "Follow your dreams. You CAN reach your goals. I'm living proof. Beefcake! BeefCAAAAAAAKKKKE!!!"-Eric Cartman
  • Options
    Theegg911Theegg911 Member Posts: 124
    I can tell you from experience to NOT go with MeasureUp or Test King. I found those to be 0% help. Not kidding. At least my company paid for them icon_neutral.gif
    Next Goal: Office 365 70-346 (Scheduled for 9/25)
  • Options
    Thanks. I used both for the 70-640 and both of them have drawbacks in my opinion. The MeasureUp seemed very easy, but the actual questions were shorter and to the point like what I saw on the real exam. Transcender questions were way too long in my opinion and spent paragraph after paragraph descirbing a very detailed situation. The actual questions with Transcender seemed more difficult though so that helped prepare me more I guess.
  • Options
    Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I just found this out today. If you go with Transcender get them at GetCertified4Less because they are cheaper there and they give you a 3 year license for $75 V's $109 for 30 day access on their official website. I used SelfTest Software for my Server 2003 exams (Which are Transcender but with 10% less questions) and they are $69, but again you only get 30 days access for that price on their official website. The GetCertify4Less offer works out much better, I might go with Transcender for my Server 2012 exams once they get updated for R2.
  • Options
    Asif Dasl wrote: »
    I just found this out today. If you go with Transcender get them at GetCertified4Less because they are cheaper there and they give you a 3 year license for $75 V's $109 for 30 day access on their official website. I used SelfTest Software for my Server 2003 exams (Which are Transcender but with 10% less questions) and they are $69, but again you only get 30 days access for that price on their official website. The GetCertify4Less offer works out much better, I might go with Transcender for my Server 2012 exams once they get updated for R2.

wow, thanks for passing along that website. I have never heard of that before. That is significantly cheaper than anywhere else I've seen. Have you used it before? Are they legit? If so, I'll definitely use that. +rep thanks
  • Options
    TylerBarrettTylerBarrett Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I use ExamForce for my testing (A+, Net+, Server+ to date) currently using it for 70-410 and the rest of the MCSE: Server Infrastructure exams.
  • Options
    MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would tend to agree with a couple of others. While the MeasureUp tests seemed a bit easy they were much closer to the actual exam in my opinion than Transender's. Transender's questions were much more complex and difficult than the exams. I also agree that if you are able to pass those practice exams you will know you are okay for the actual exams. I don't know that I can say that about MeasureUp.
  • Options
    jazzychrissyjazzychrissy Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just arrived back from my 70-410 exam.... and failed. icon_sad.gif
    I used transcender and it was really helpful in terms of getting to grips with the style of questions and the types of questions they asked. I'm glad I used it - even if I did fail in the end.

What I lacked was hands-on experience with a server.... I'm only an office administrator, not even in user-support yet! lol.
    So something to bare in mind if you are doing MCSA etc.

EDIT: Oh, and I only had the study book for WS12, not WS12 R2. So that didn't help either! :D
  • Options
    00ajr00ajr Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used transcender and measure up and after easily getting around 100% in both practise exams bombed in the 600's on the real exam.
    In saying that they are both useful in getting you used to the style and trickery of the MS exam questions LOL.
    Back to more studying and live hands on practise for me.