Anyone with ITIL Intermediate online course \ exam experience?

benq86benq86 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

Has anyone taken online courses and exams at the Intermediate level?
They're definitely much cheaper (and my boss likes that) and I wouldn't have to commute \ stay at hotels etc.
However, could someone share their experience please to encourage me a little.

1. Which company did you do it with? Would you recommend it?
2. How did the exam look like?
3. Did they check whether you have Foundation? How?
4. If EXIN was my examination institute for Foundation, does the online provider have to be EXIN accredited?
5. Being in Poland, can I do the course \ exam with a company in the US?

Thank you so much!

Comments

• pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    I think there are a few training providers who offer this facility. You may want to contact one of our senior members Claire who has a training company which has online training and exam for Intermediate Exams.
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Ben

As pumbaa has mentioned I'm an online ITIL training provider, so I will try not to be biased :)

I'll leave other people on this forum to answer your question 1.
    2. Most online training companies use online exams. These can be taken anywhere quiet with internet access and a webcam, because you will be monitored by this during the exam.
    3. We would need to see a copy of your Foundation certificate before we could enter you for any higher level exam (scanned copies are fine)
    4. No, you can take exams with any examination institute, it doesn't have to be EXIN
    5. Yes, it doesn't matter what country the training provider is located in

If you've got any questions I can help with, just let me know. There are a few good online training providers and everyone has a different pricing structure and training style, so do your research to make sure you get a product that works for you.

Claire
  • sdeskssdesks Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ben,

As Claire points out there are a few providers on the market today. There are those who deliver high quality solutions based around video or traditional elearning and there are those who built programs in their basement. The high quality solutions are designed to not only prepare you for the certification but also prepare you for a career in ITSM while the other solutions are exam focused only.

One of the key things to look for is endorsements. Endorsements from students, enterprises and resellers. If a company has some high end well known customers and resellers you can pretty much bet that the training supplier was put through some pretty significant testing before being selected.

The other thing is a demo or an evaluation license so you can try before you buy:D

As we all know, most decisions are based on budget. I know that some of the high end suppliers are offering bundle delas where you can get the entire online ITIL certification suite for the proce of a single classroom product.
  • benq86benq86 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think I should revisit this thread....

So.... If you're wondering which training provider to choose - DON'T GO WITH SIMPLILEARN. I will spare you the details but the bottom line is I took the exam on 14 December and still haven't got official results. I'm starting to doubt I will ever get them. Seriously. Been calling, chatting, mailing - you name it. Escalation to what they call "higher authority" did exactly nothing.

Such a frustrating experience.
  • shbshb Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've done PPO and SOA through Simplilearn ... i did the PPO Exam on 20th December, i got the certificate (pdf) today. I'm now holding out for my SOA cert as I'm trying to book MALC...
    benq86 wrote: »
    I think I should revisit this thread....

So.... If you're wondering which training provider to choose - DON'T GO WITH SIMPLILEARN. I will spare you the details but the bottom line is I took the exam on 14 December and still haven't got official results. I'm starting to doubt I will ever get them. Seriously. Been calling, chatting, mailing - you name it. Escalation to what they call "higher authority" did exactly nothing.

Such a frustrating experience.