Passed ICND2 today

WonTonDonWonTonDon Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
So I passed ICND2 earlier this morning, woke up feeling like absolute crap as I think I caught a cold the night before and literally had to drag my way down to the test centre.

I arrived 10 mins before the exam was due to start, still not feeling much better from earlier, but I didnt want to cancel and waste any money and it was way too late for me to reschedule. The feeling of anxiety and nervousness didnt help my already thumping headache, runny nose and sore throat!

Although I had only passed the ICND1 only a month earlier, I had put alot of hours in, and I cant overemphasize how important Odom's book was to helping me pass the exam. I suggest labbing with Packet Tracer, ALOT of reading, re-reading and most importantly understanding the concepts is the most vital part of anything you learn.

I feel an even heightened sense of achievement as I didnt go to college or university. I've been doing helpdesk roles for the past 5 years and I felt I needed to get out and think seriously about my career. I had been wanting to do the CCNA for so long but I kept putting it off, almost afraid of how I could even think about doing it. All the obstacles I felt in front of me, were the ones I had put up myself and I now know I can achieve anything I want if I work hard and show more self belief. Times were hard, there were times where I did not understand anything no matter how hard I tried, but now, after the grace of God and some hard work I'm a CCNA.

In closing, I would like to wish anyone on this path all the best and just to say don't give up and keep trying to learn and understand and better yourself.

Comments

• shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • StaunchyStaunchy Member Posts: 180
    Congrats dude and welcome to the CCNA fan club icon_wink.gif
    2016 Goals: CCNP R&S, CCNA Security, CCNP Security
    LinkedIn
  • The_ExpertThe_Expert Member Posts: 136
    First of all congrats!

Your post is very inspiring... as I want to achieve my CCNA this year as well.

Good luck for the future!
    Masters, Public Administration (MPA), Bachelor of Science, 20+ years of technical experience.

Studying on again, off again...
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Good job man, especially passing when you feel like crapola!
  • dpsmooth15dpsmooth15 Banned Posts: 155
    Thanks, you almost made me shed a tear icon_cyclops_ani.gif…well deserved
  • fov001fov001 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice post man! Your story sounds like mine. I am also a tech support guy for 5 years with no college background. I have been trying to get my CCNA for a while, but there have been so many obstacles. the amount of topics to learn are so many and is overwhelming.

Good luck with getting a job!
  • gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats good for you!

What is your next step?
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • 10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats man! Get better soon!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • TechnoracerTechnoracer Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • WonTonDonWonTonDon Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I guess I start applying for Networking jobs. I started applying for networking jobs a month ago after passing ICND1, but had very little luck in even securing interviews. Hopefully now that I'm a CCNA and a few amendments to my resume will help me.

In terms of studying, I really dont know, is it worth supplementing my CCNA with a Juniper qualification? Is there anybody who has done any Juniper qualifications that can say how different Juniper is from Cisco, if any?

Thanks
  • WonTonDonWonTonDon Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just wanted to say thank you all for your messages. I hope to stay active within this community and offer any help or assistance who are on the same path, however minute that help may be!
  • StaunchyStaunchy Member Posts: 180
    WonTonDon wrote: »
    I guess I start applying for Networking jobs. I started applying for networking jobs a month ago after passing ICND1, but had very little luck in even securing interviews. Hopefully now that I'm a CCNA and a few amendments to my resume will help me.

In terms of studying, I really dont know, is it worth supplementing my CCNA with a Juniper qualification? Is there anybody who has done any Juniper qualifications that can say how different Juniper is from Cisco, if any?

Thanks

Well as far as I know it is mainly the commands that differ between Cisco and Juniper and small other things like Juniper and Cisco default OSPF hello and dead timers are different. Maybe someone who has done JNCIA-Junos can shed some light.

The are a lot more Cisco guys on the market than Juniper so I think having a Juniper cert might just make you more marketable.

Before I start with CCNA Sec I am 1st quickly going for HP ATP cert as my current job only sells HP network devices and than I want to do JNCIA-Junos. HP ATP cert you can do online if you already have CCNA and it only cost $20. Juniper if you pass the pre-assessment test on juniper site you get 50% off the exam voucher.
    2016 Goals: CCNP R&S, CCNA Security, CCNP Security
    LinkedIn
  • fov001fov001 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    WonTonDon wrote: »
    Just wanted to say thank you all for your messages. I hope to stay active within this community and offer any help or assistance who are on the same path, however minute that help may be!

Well, I should be ready to take my test in about 2 - 3 weeks. any advise you can PM me would be great !! icon_study.gif
  • Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
  • backdoor1backdoor1 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    GL finding employment, I know it's rough out there. Congrats.