Options

70-410 fail 577

Bradd78Bradd78 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
Very disappointed used cbt nuggets, Transcender & technet to study. Feel like a failure. Anybody else find the yes/no format line of questions confusing?
Bradd Edmondson
Microsoft Certified Professional
Certified Computer Support Technician CompTIA A+ 2006, MCDST & MCSA 2003, Network + ,MOUS Master, Security +

Comments

• Options
    jsojso Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    70-410 will be my first MS exam. Interesting that you didn't pass having done what looks like a lot of MS certs in the past. Do you think the format has changed?
  • Options
    ClearwatermsClearwaterms Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Brad,

I am sorry to hear that you didn't pass. 577 is not that bad. You should have a pretty good idea of where to go from here and what to review and restudy. Also, if you took advantage of the free 2nd chance, it won't cost you anything when you pass it next time.

Best of luck
  • Options
    MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Better luck next time - 577 is not too terribly far off. I am not sure what you mean by yes/no format though. Can you explain that and maybe we can help you.
  • Options
    ADVphotographyADVphotography Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I know what you mean about the yes/know! I just failed the 70-410 today and had at least two questions like that. I don't want to break the rules here by elaborating so all I am going to say is its very important to know effective permissions after you account for other variables such as 1 or 2 way domain/forest trusts along with NTFS and Share permissions. The way Microsoft lists them in the exam seems much more complicated than its needs to be.
  • Options
    MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I now understand the questions you are referring too. I agree with ADVPhotography on the importance of understanding the effects of the permissions. There are certainly ways to check the affective permissions for a particular file or user but you must understand how they are granted. The good news is that is a simple area to brush up on and that should put you over the top.